• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP - Report Duke Blue Devils - Tuesday ESPN 7 pm

It’s like jaybone is making up for lost time.

Haha. 99.9% of the time, it is a bad decision to fire a coach in the middle of the season and a disservice to the program to start calling for his head in game 2.

I
This is the 0.1% imo. This is doing damage to players and the university.

Haha. 99.9% of the time, it is a bad decision to fire a coach in the middle of the season and a disservice to the program to start calling for his head in game 2.

I
This is the 0.1% imo. This is doing damage to players and the university.

100% agree. not doing anything perpetuates the culture of complacency. doing something mid-season sends a message to potential candidates that winning is important and we take it seriously. no one is going to be scared off by this, and if they were we don't want them for the job.

Hasn't Manning been an assistant to K on USA teams? (I believe that is correct.) If so, I expect that he will not try to grind WF to utter powder...which he could do if he chooses.

I was at the game and I think this was absolutely true. Duke was settling for outside shots the entire 1st half when they could have easily been more aggressive. It was no accident that Zion had the green light to work on his 3 pt shot in this game, shooting more threes than in any game this season (and making quite a few).

Duke could have beat us by 50 last night had they wanted. They got to the rim at will and dominated us on defensive end. They had around 16 blocks? It was embarrassing.

Brown had another off night shooting. Sarr continues to underperform, missing a wide open alley oop. Hoard was his usual quiet self. A bright spot was Smart who played well inside, as best he could.

I was at the game and I think this was absolutely true. Duke was settling for outside shots the entire 1st half when they could have easily been more aggressive. It was no accident that Zion had the green light to work on his 3 pt shot in this game, shooting more threes than in any game this season (and making quite a few).

Duke could have beat us by 50 last night had they wanted. They got to the rim at will and dominated us on defensive end. They had around 16 blocks? It was embarrassing.

Brown had another off night shooting. Sarr continues to underperform, missing a wide open alley oop. Hoard was his usual quiet self. A bright spot was Smart who played well inside, as best he could.

What incentive does he have to really play hard? If he's already made up his mind he's leaving and there are NBA teams willing to draft him, why even try that hard on a team destined to finish with single digit wins and a last place finish in the league?

I feel bad for Brandon. Kid has really turned into a solid player. Was surprised last night to learn his stats per game are 17 pts, 47% FG, 47% 3PT, 78% FT, 4.1 AST, 2.1 TO. Granted, he kind of has to be the man and we've played a cupcake schedule, but still.

Out assisted by 24-6 last night. Out shot blocked by 13-0. Had one player, who is not "young" put up 6 shots, with 4 getting blocked.

I feel bad for Brandon. Kid has really turned into a solid player. Was surprised last night to learn his stats per game are 17 pts, 47% FG, 47% 3PT, 78% FT, 4.1 AST, 2.1 TO. Granted, he kind of has to be the man and we've played a cupcake schedule, but still.

Brandon would be a really nice guard on a good team with some coaching. He could play the 2 and back up the 1.

On any bad team, someone still has to score some points. He's taken over that role nicely for Wake.

I do too really. I mean he's playing with his Dad on the staff and instead of creating some good memories from even modest success (team wise), he's playing for a terrible team. It's not really fair to him what's he's being asked to do. He's not the player his Dad was, yet he's being asked to be as big or maybe even bigger component of this team. Randolph was great, but he played first with Rodney and then with Timmy, Brandon obviously doesn't have anyone even close to that on this team.

K doesn't even look like he cares who wins tonight. Hard to remember how worked up he used to get over a dumb motorcycle.

I didn't watch a second of the game last night, but this is an interesting observation, especially compared to the homoerotic psycho hug he slathered on Patrick Davidson during the CP3 era...

On the plus side for Brandon, he's setting himself up for a decent payday in Europe after he graduates. Coming out of high school that may have been a long shot.

Back