• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Great Uniter

He was totally unprepared to walk into that kind of stage and setting.

yeah, it was just his "who am I? Why am I here?" intro. People riffed on it as senility where it was just his rhetorical way of introducing himself to the nation where he had little/no name recognition.

And Trump isn't a risk? There have been serious arguments that he seems to be suffering from dementia already. I'm not carrying water for Biden, and would prefer a much younger candidate myself, as they typically run much stronger for Democrats, but if Biden is the Dem nominee, I don't think attacks on his age are going to hurt much, given that Trump is nearly that old himself, and doesn't seem to be with it a good deal of the time as it is. If the GOP had a younger candidate it would definitely hurt, but against Trump, not so much.

Nice whataboutism, but I wasn't talking about Trump. Of course Trump is a huge risk for a multitude of reasons, age being just one of them. However if you are thinking about the good of the country let's elect someone that doesn't have a 33% chance of losing his/her mind in office.

Nice whataboutism, but I wasn't talking about Trump. Of course Trump is a huge risk for a multitude of reasons, age being just one of them. However if you are thinking about the good of the country let's elect someone that doesn't have a 33% chance of losing his/her mind in office.

And, as I posted, I also would prefer for a much younger nominee to be chosen. Far from being whataboutism, I was responding to another poster's claims that Biden's age would be a factor if he ran in 2020. Given that Trump would be his likely GOP opponent, I thought that was a peculiar claim to make. If the GOP somehow ditched Trump and nominated someone much younger, then obviously Biden's age would be a serious problem for the Dems. That's assuming, of course, that Biden can even win the nomination, which no one can say at this point.

And, as I posted, I also would prefer for a much younger nominee to be chosen. Far from being whataboutism, I was responding to another poster's claims that Biden's age would be a factor if he ran in 2020. Given that Trump would be his likely GOP opponent, I thought that was a peculiar claim to make. If the GOP somehow ditched Trump and nominated someone much younger, then obviously Biden's age would be a serious problem for the Dems. That's assuming, of course, that Biden can even win the nomination, which no one can say at this point.

I think his age and whiteness might be a problem for him, not from attacks from the GOP but from attacks within the democratic party. A lot of the hard core progressives will have a hard time voting for a guy like Biden. That said he probably will dominate trump in a general.

Hell it has been posted on the boards multiple times that the candidate needs to be at least two of young, progressive, and a person of color.

Last edited:
It'd be interesting to see if Michelle Obama could leverage the First Lady experience into a 2020 run.

Back