• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNC is so fucked. Neither the last two chancellors have been great, or even good, and have made their bed to an extent, but the BoG/Legislature has really fucked it all up. Fare thee well, oh sweet Chapel Hill, where the wet cobblestones glisten in the late autumn sunset, the bark of the tree beckons like a thing that might beckon, a pebble creates concentric ripples that reach the farthest of the far. The University of the PEOPLE, OH SWEET CHAPEL HILL.

Beautiful.

Rubbins does the best Kuralt Oh Sweet Chapel Hill impression. I owe it all to him. Or me. Or us.

So I got a standing desk (thanks HR) last Friday afternoon to help with ongoing low back issues from a couple herniated discs. I think really I need the mat to stand on, as my feet and entire body hurt after less than 2 days with it. Anyone got any standing desk tips?

So I got a standing desk (thanks HR) last Friday afternoon to help with ongoing low back issues from a couple herniated discs. I think really I need the mat to stand on, as my feet and entire body hurt after less than 2 days with it. Anyone got any standing desk tips?

Ease into it; you've got to build some tolerance.

Also, check out some tips for 'how to stand' from Kelly Starrett

Last edited:

Yeah, don't play so much golf and your back will feel better.

I played way less last year than ever before, unfortunately, due to the pain. Have played once since Christmas. I fear going down a similar back-related path (without the drug addiction, hopefully) to my avatar/namesake.

I thought this was a pretty interesting (and funny and sad) piece. Sober musicians on how they survive and thrive. So, my question is this: who do you think Trey is talking about when he says someone is about to crash hard soon? Since he mentions Petty, it sounds like it would be someone on that level: like a Tom Petty, Prince level. Hmmmmmm...

https://www.gq.com/story/clean-musicians

Also, the songs that Trey wrote after dropping acid and waking up on a beach in Greece were? Meatstick and? Gottajiboo?

Locked in plans to go to Cartagena for my bachelor party at the end of March. Pretty excited about this.

Co-worker is singing a Loverboy song from the 1980's in the breakroom.

I appreciate the grind of JV High School football players posting their HUDL videos underneath schedule release tweets.

Locked in plans to go to Cartagena for my bachelor party at the end of March. Pretty excited about this.

Duuuude it will be super tight. We were down there in November on the last stop of our honeymoon and it seemed like the perfect place for a Bachelor party.

The beaches in town suck though, so make sure to take a day trip out to a barrier island. Plenty of hot babes everywhere though, and all night clubs and rooftop bars everywhere. We did not partake in the clubs but it seemed like it was pooping off.

Not sure about hookers, but plenty of people offering you blow or anything else you want on the street. So yeah probably hookers too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back