• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if people are saying "Make America Great Again" and the thread title is "Make BiffTannen Great Again," then BiffTannen is America !

WHOA !

changing titles all the time takes too much effort and this one is still making me smirk.

Hey, at least you're stopping by to justify your decision, unlike PLAMA, who just left his title there, FALSELY accusing me of incest. I should sue.

Lol, guest speaker at this meeting at the Grandover is the Mayor of Greensboro.

Pass.

The Summer Day
Who made the world?
Who made the swan, and the black bear?
Who made the grasshopper?
This grasshopper, I mean-
the one who has flung herself out of the grass,
the one who is eating sugar out of my hand,
who is moving her jaws back and forth instead of up and down-
who is gazing around with her enormous and complicated eyes.
Now she lifts her pale forearms and thoroughly washes her face.
Now she snaps her wings open, and floats away.
I don't know exactly what a prayer is.
I do know how to pay attention, how to fall down
into the grass, how to kneel down in the grass,
how to be idle and blessed, how to stroll through the fields,
which is what I have been doing all day.
Tell me, what else should I have done?
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon?
Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?
—Mary Oliver

RIP

A Wake friend, Jon McPhail died suddenly his month. His death is leading to a real life Big Chill this April in Lexington, KY. A group of who were basically inseparable during my senior year will be getting together for the first time over forty years. Semi-board poster 1976Deac is a key member.

Lots of stories, lots of bourbon, some races and memories to come.

We've lost one or two others in the group. Each will get a toast.

I wouldn't be surprised if we raise one to Wake and Bake's dad. He all but let us run the main room in Reynolda Hall that year. We played cards, chose the music, ate and more there. Hell, we even did some concerts on the back patio.

Last edited:
Sorry rj.

sounds like you have one helluva get together coming up

Sorry for your loss, RJ. Was Flipper part of your crew? I still to this day won’t buy any Phelps wine due to how they treated him during the end. Even though I love Insignia. He set up a free trade tour and lunch for my wife and I during our honeymoon in Napa.

Sorry for your loss rj.

Ps
Shoe McConnell in the nuts for me if you see him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back