• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so she also tweeted in 2018 that she was raped in the summer of 2016, by a stranger, and didnt report it. The Iowa caucuses, where she is also now alleging she was raped, were in Feb, 2016.

So just going by her words and tweets, she is now alleging that she was raped twice by strangers in the span of 6 months or less in 2016.

https://thegrio.com/2018/09/27/prof...a-harris-perry-reveals-she-was-raped-in-2016/

Where does she allege she was raped in Iowa? Isn't there the 1) Iowa incident reported by WaPo (did she say she was raped? Maybe and I missed it) and 2) an incident in the summer of 2016 when she allege she was raped.

ETA: She only says in her tweet that "In 2016 I was raped in a public place by someone unknown to me. I was on a Wake Forest trip at the time."

I don't know if she's referencing the Iowa event, the summer event, conflating the two, or lying. It's not clear.

People lying about your alma matter for personal gain is okay w you?

There isn’t any evidence that she is lying. There also isn’t any evidence that she is lying for personal gain. She’s saying that she has sacrificed a lot for programs that benefit the Wake community and she doesn’t feel like she is respected for her sacrifices as a result of that interaction with the Dean.

Your obsession with MHP is, how do I say this, weird.

This is the same person who refused to go on her own MSNBC show,

"Harris-Perry refused to appear on her program Saturday morning, telling her co-workers in an email that she felt “worthless” to the NBC-owned network. “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” wrote Harris-Perry, who is African American. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC executives] or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

She later said n a follow-up phone interview with the Times, Harris-Perry softened the racial aspects of her criticism, saying: “I don’t know if there is a personal racial component. I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ed04f4213e8_story.html?utm_term=.f2e70a4ed522

This is the same person who refused to go on her own MSNBC show,

"Harris-Perry refused to appear on her program Saturday morning, telling her co-workers in an email that she felt “worthless” to the NBC-owned network. “I will not be used as a tool for their purposes,” wrote Harris-Perry, who is African American. “I am not a token, mammy or little brown bobble head. I am not owned by [NBC executives] or MSNBC. I love our show. I want it back.”

She later said n a follow-up phone interview with the Times, Harris-Perry softened the racial aspects of her criticism, saying: “I don’t know if there is a personal racial component. I don’t think anyone is doing something mean to me because I’m a black person.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...ed04f4213e8_story.html?utm_term=.f2e70a4ed522

and there it is!

take it to the tunnels, TAB

Where does she allege she was raped in Iowa? Isn't there the 1) Iowa incident reported by WaPo (did she say she was raped? Maybe and I missed it) and 2) an incident in the summer of 2016 when she allege she was raped.

ETA: She only says in her tweet that "In 2016 I was raped in a public place by someone unknown to me. I was on a Wake Forest trip at the time."

I don't know if she's referencing the Iowa event, the summer event, conflating the two, or lying. It's not clear.

Uh yeah. It isnt clear, the most generous reading assuming she is not lying is that she was raped in Iowa and then separately in summer 2016. I suppose that she could have been on ANOTHER Wake trip where she was raped but then we are at 3 alleged unreported rapes in 2016. I guess it is also possible that she either forgot that the Iowa caucases werent in summer time (pretty effing cold in Iowa in Feb though).

Looking at all these together though is problematic at best.

Uh yeah. It isnt clear, the most generous reading assuming she is not lying is that she was raped in Iowa and then separately in summer 2016. I suppose that she could have been on ANOTHER Wake trip where she was raped but then we are at 3 alleged unreported rapes in 2016. I guess it is also possible that she either forgot that the Iowa caucases werent in summer time (pretty effing cold in Iowa in Feb though).

the truth is out there

and there it is!

take it to the tunnels, TAB

There what is? My point is that we have some evidence that in the heat of the moment she maybe oversteps her claims of people trying to malign her and then later has to walk it back when she can't substantiate it. Seems like an unfortunate pattern.

talks about the seriousness of her posts and how she wouldn't make mistakes but also accuses her of lying multiple times on same platform

Or she hasn't alleged that she was raped in Iowa and the only rape allegation is from the summer of 2016 on a Wake trip. I don't see any articles on Google's first few pages where she alleges she was raped in Iowa, rather she alleges she was the victim of a racist attack while there for the caucuses.

She did allege she was raped in the summer of 2016 when she says the "second time" someone raped me (other than when she was 14) was in the summer of 2016 - per the article you posted.

I don't see how looking at these together is problematic - you're just choosing to not believe her.

Or she hasn't alleged that she was raped in Iowa and the only rape allegation is from the summer of 2016 on a Wake trip. I don't see any articles on Google's first few pages where she alleges she was raped in Iowa, rather she alleges she was the victim of a racist attack while there for the caucuses.

She did allege she was raped in the summer of 2016 when she says the "second time" someone raped me (other than when she was 14) was in the summer of 2016 - per the article you posted.

I don't see how looking at these together is problematic - you're just choosing to not believe her.
Jesus. Let's be glad numbers isnt on the Meuller commission

3 statements:

1. Raped on a WFU school trip (tweet)
2. Raped Summer 2016 (tweet)
3. Assaulted in a hotel lobby in Iowa (WaPo)

If you take her at her word, 1 and 3 cant be the same. 2 and 3 cant be the same. 1 and 2 could be the same assuming she was on another separate wfu trip when raped during summer of 2016 (never mentioned that in tweet). Either way, These are 2 and possibly 3 awful incidents in the span of 6 months in 2016.

3 statements:

If you take her at her word, 1 and 3 cant be the same. 2 and 3 cant be the same. 1 and 2 could be the same assuming she was on another separate wfu trip when raped during summer of 2016 (never mentioned that in tweet). Either way, These are 2 and possibly 3 awful incidents in the span of 6 months in 2016.

okay counselor

3 statements:

Lots of words to conclude exactly what I said: that there could have been two different incidents (one in Iowa and one somewhere else in the summer of 2016).

Just looking at exactly what she tweeted it's clear 1 and 2 are the same event. She said she was raped in a public place in 2016 on a Wake Forest trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back