• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swim meets at the neigborhood pool are pretty fun for a couple of hours though if the pool has a liquor license.

Are you kids listening to Blackpink these days? Apparently its a big deal to some that they got a Coachella invite and now I may have to go.

Darts and bowling are the way to go. Share your passions with your young ones, palma.

Travel baseball seems brutal - I've got some colleagues wrapped up in that and it seems like a huge pain in the ass.

We've done one 6 week season of U3 soccer so far and it was fun; may do another one this spring. Focused on getting the older one (3) on skis right now.

Just don't do hockey - we don't but have friends that do and it is money and life sucking.

Travel baseball seems brutal - I've got some colleagues wrapped up in that and it seems like a huge pain in the ass.

We've done one 6 week season of U3 soccer so far and it was fun; may do another one this spring. Focused on getting the older one (3) on skis right now.

Wait. Kids play soccer at 2 or 3 years old these days? Is this 4 real?

oh yeah, one of my daughter's classmates just turned 3 a few months ago; has soccer practice this evening. 3 is the cutoff.

they're not playing 'soccer' really but you'd be surprised at how athletic some toddlers are. we took our daughter to gymnastics a few months ago and some of the girls of her age (2.5 at the time) with older brother/sisters were almost doing cartwheels and shit. pretty weird.

So I coached the squad; the kids were all 2.5-3. We met once a week for 45 minutes and played soccer games - just trying to get the kids familiar with the concept of dribbling the ball, staying in bounds, "shooting" the ball into the goal - stuff like that. Think "Red Light - Green Light" with a soccer ball, "Simon Says", etc.

We tried to scrimmage on our last week (6 week season) and about 1 minute into our "scrimmage" it was obvious the kids were lost, so we just shifted into a couple of games to get them reengaged. It was a fun activity and most of the kids seemed to enjoy themselves. The parents were all really cool and none of them seemed to be taking it too serious.

We’ll probably do soccer when my kid turns 4. She’s already been doing dance for while. That’s a lifetime of hurt on the parents as well. I can’t imagine there are many sports that are not.

It's really only a big hassle if your kid is really good. If they're pretty good you can play in a travel league without a huge commitment beyond a few weekend tournaments and a few thousand in fees per year. Or you can play rec league for like $150 per season and they'll have just as good of a chance of making the pros.

Few things give me as much satisfaction as changing out an old toilet seat with a new one that closes slowly and has a quick-release. Come at me.

i have never once changed out a toilet seat. i have owned houses for 20 years. am i missing out?

Doing a Star Trek TNG run on the Hulu. One cool fact is that people think the reason we pronounce Day-ta the way we do as a country is because of Patrick Stewart. If not for him, it'd be Dat-uh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back