• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread - Make BiffTannen Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
KVegas has always been legit, albeit not offering much information these days. bigboy seems pretty solid. sportsnut too (although hopefully wrong re: Manning). Creamy has had some creamy scoops, but also some duds. Any other "insiders" I'm missing?

KVegas has always been legit, albeit not offering much information these days. bigboy seems pretty solid. sportsnut too (although hopefully wrong re: Manning). Creamy has had some creamy scoops, but also some duds. Any other "insiders" I'm missing?

well guitardeac seemingly knows everyone, including, probably whoever our next bball coach is

well guitardeac seemingly knows everyone, including, probably whoever our next bball coach is

There’s at least a 90% chance he’s on a first name basis and texts regularly with our next coach.

The PM density is just too much.

The best is guitardeac asking for a PM and seemingly not in ironic fashion. Um I thought you were boys with Currie and beach neighbors with Rick Barnes dude. Random message board rumors probably aren’t on that level.

The best is guitardeac asking for a PM and seemingly not in ironic fashion. Um I thought you were boys with Currie and beach neighbors with Rick Barnes dude. Random message board rumors probably aren’t on that level.

he just wants to corroborate if that's what he's heard from his cohorts Mark Few, Jay Wright and Gregg Popovich.

How seriously is this Board supposed to take hoopla as an insider? I've always thought he was completely full of shit and essentially a parody of an "insider."

this is actually a good question. Did he have an scoopla on the Wellman retirement? That was such a cloak and dagger deal that any early info would definitely be considered insider, IMO.

I had a friend really close to the program who told me that Daquan Cook wasn't coming to Wake no matter what when the OCC saga was going on. I posted that and people got their pitchforks out. That was pretty funny. Then I think Cook committed to OSU before the other two guys. I really don't remember anymore. That was all the insider info I ever had.

The only valuable intel I've really ever provided was about Shelton Mitchell (that he was coming here). Worked with his best friend's (at the time) dad. Lot of good that did us.

I'm looking at my bank account knowing my landlord hasn't deposited my last two rent checks (last and this month's) and I'm not really rich, but I still feel rich cuz it's there right now and want to spend money on bullshit things like dranks and food. It is illogical. But it is my brain. WTF.

Update: Feb rent has been deposited.

WHO WILL MARCH RENT DEPOSITED????

I think I scooped once back on the old ACCboards that Wellman had interviewed at Arizona State. I was in a small class group with a friend of one of his daughters, and she mentioned that they had just gotten back from Phoenix. Obviously, he didn't take the gig. I don't really get scoops, but I know a fair amount of AD/Wake admin dirt/gossip over the years. Probably most of it is better left unsaid. I have to catch myself sometimes and have deleted some things. I used to know some soccer stuff, but no one really cares, and I wouldn't post most of it anyway.

Someone needs to compile a list of names that have come out of nowhere on that PM thread, solid base of lurkers on this here RJ boards.

I'm reading this article about Momo from the NYT and I can't even imagine what it's like to have kids that are pretty young but internet savvy.

My 9 year old (who is not internet savvy or on the internet at all), just started crying before bed out of nowhere the other day and it was about Momo. Kids at school were talking about it and how Momo facetimes kids and makes them do bad thing or hurts their families -- he was freaked the hell out. And he hasn't even seen the picture, which is pure nightmare fuel. He wanted to talk about it again last night, and we showed him articles about it being a hoax, and talked him through it. Fucking awful.

This particular internet problem is more about parents than kids. How do people write articles about a viral video without linking the actual video? One article said a Momo video was spliced into a Peppa Pig episode. Ok. Show it so us parents could see it. Every article used the same photo. It’s sad how easily people are suckered in by their fears.

Meanwhile, my 6 year old covers his eyes every time he sees a commercial for Us “spliced” into NBA games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back