• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning’s post-game presser (Duke)

I mean he is saying we don’t have time right now, in the allotted presser time, to fully answer that question.

Bad answer from Greensboro Danny, but not as bad as it is being interpreted.

I think it's pretty obvious that's what he meant, but it's still an unacceptable answer. 5 years in, it's a question he should've answered. If indeed he's got a long list of things that need to happen for us to be able to compete with teams like Duke, he shouldn't mentioned a few of the major things, you know so people might actually get the impression he has some kind of plan or something.

I think it's pretty obvious that's what he meant, but it's still an unacceptable answer. 5 years in, it's a question he should've answered. If indeed he's got a long list of things that need to happen for us to be able to compete with teams like Duke, he shouldn't mentioned a few of the major things, you know so people might actually get the impression he has some kind of plan or something.

He has no plan. He has tried what little he knew about college basketball and that was a complete failure. He is also not quick enough on his feet to come up with an answer off the top of his head.

It would be like if someone asked me why the car is not running smoothly and randomly stops for no reason and I responded with "the damn car just needs to run smoother and faster and not turn off all the time".

He probably has no idea why he still has a job. I am sure he assumed that if he failed this spectacularly, he would no longer be answering questions.

He has no plan. He has tried what little he knew about college basketball and that was a complete failure. He is also not quick enough on his feet to come up with an answer off the top of his head.

It would be like if someone asked me why the car is not running smoothly and randomly stops for no reason and I responded with "the damn car just needs to run smoother and faster and not turn off all the time".

He probably has no idea why he still has a job. I am sure he assumed that if he failed this spectacularly, he would no longer be answering questions.

Exactly and that is why that answer was unacceptable, at it would be to 99 percent of the AD's in the country.

Anyone holding out hope for Manning turning this ship around is wasting their time, coming from the guy who held out as much hope as one could possibly imagine. He has been given a more than fair shot to make his mark, and unfortunately it is a skid mark. I feel ok about the talent that he will be leaving (particularly if Hoard does decide to stay one extra year, but I doubt that will happen). A new coach with some fresh energy and a few good recruits for 19-20 (particularly some big men), but make us a very solid team providing the new guy can coach.

Manning and Wellman have two things in common. No plan nor answers for the basketball program. It is obvious to anyone paying attention.

Hoard does need to increase the intensity factor---too often a bit careless and soft with the ball. Some of it I think is just that he doesn't express much emotion. He was crashing boards pretty hard tonight and is averaging close to 16 and 8 despite Manning having no concept of how to utilize his strengths and minimize current limitations. Dukes 4 are clearly better at this stage, but part of that is the spacing and opportunities they create for each other.

Hoard is a very talented player with some deficiencies showing through as he has tried to do many things that are not his strengths. Good players have the chance to become great with help surrounding them so they can play unencumbered with skill and passion. Zion would be a great player on any team but less than the all-world status if he was one of the only offensive threats on his team. Same with Barrett. Not crying about them having too much talent but just fact. Really felt the kids competed in the first half and hopefully soon they will play hard together for each other. That is our only slight hope.

I have to laugh at the beginning of this video, where the guys are scrambling to get their microphones and recording devices up on the table. I realize they’re just doing their jobs, but it’s funny to think that they’re hoping to come away from that press conference with anything noteworthy having come out of his mouth.

Back