• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning’s post-game presser (Duke)

When asked what needs to happen for the Wake program to be able to compete with teams like Duke he said “we don’t have enough time.”

God, I hope that means he knows he’s being shitcanned. Hopefully that also means that Wellman has been told that he’s not going to be in charge of the next hire...

He knows he can get away with saying nothing and blaming the players. He is without accountability from his AD, from fans, from the media. Spout some coach speak for 5 minutes, lament that the players are not competing every possession, go cash the checks.

When asked what needs to happen for the Wake program to be able to compete with teams like Duke he said “we don’t have enough time.”

God, I hope that means he knows he’s being shitcanned. Hopefully that also means that Wellman has been told that he’s not going to be in charge of the next hire...

He doesn’t realize it but “we don’t have enough time,” while a shot at the players for how much improvement they need to make, is actually self-indicting. He’s saying the program that has been under his command for going on five years now is light years away from being competitive.

Folly cloaked in arrogance.

I hated Bzzz because I thought he was a dick and a bad fit for Wake (also didn’t think he was a great coach). Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’d take Bzz over Manning in a heartbeat at this point, though.

^^^^^^^^

God damn it. Hahahaha

netflix just straight killin' it.

Got to disagree. Cheap humor and regurgitated from more original posters.

This hurts. Like going to a packed restaurant only to find the food fucking awful. A double whammy. The dreaded cheap humor post lauded as hilarious. Sword meets heart, then sword twisted.

Got to disagree. Cheap humor and regurgitated from more original posters.

This hurts. Like going to a packed restaurant only to find the food fucking awful. A double whammy. The dreaded cheap humor post lauded as hilarious. Sword meets heart, then sword twisted.

Don’t worry lil buddy

gaybone’s home waiting to twist his sword in you

Gaybone was actually funny though. And oddly detailed and nuanced. This is neither. This is cheap and revisited humor.

Manning is a worse coach than Bzzzz, I have no doubt now, I didn't think that was possible. In his halftime interview last night when asked what we needed to do in the 2nd half offensively was, " drive the lane and force the referees to blow the whistle." Now think about that for a minute, our offensive plan was to drive the lane and hopefully get fouled. This against one of the best shot blocking teams in the country, plus the fact it's Duke and the referees are always so quick to blow the whistle on Duke, not. I mean that isn't even good middle school level coaching. We're a team in the toughest conference in the country, with at least 3 future Hall of Fame coaches, several excellent younger coaches and we're being led by a guy who despite being 7 feet tall is in miles over his head. It's not a fair fight.

JayJay likes high brow humor. Come on guys, do better.

Manning is a worse coach than Bzzzz, I have no doubt now, I didn't think that was possible. In his halftime interview last night when asked what we needed to do in the 2nd half offensively was, " drive the lane and force the referees to blow the whistle." Now think about that for a minute, our offensive plan was to drive the lane and hopefully get fouled. This against one of the best shot blocking teams in the country, plus the fact it's Duke and the referees are always so quick to blow the whistle on Duke, not. I mean that isn't even good middle school level coaching. We're a team in the toughest conference in the country, with at least 3 future Hall of Fame coaches, several excellent younger coaches and we're being led by a guy who despite being 7 feet tall is in miles over his head. It's not a fair fight.

Well we don't run any offensive sets at all, so I guess that's all he really could say.

That is kind of funny. I coached a 12 year old rec team that had no shooters. My plan was to make passes until you found a seam. Drive to the basket and hope to score, get fouled, or get a rebound.

It worked at the 12 year old rec level.

Somehow I think we need more at the ACC level going against a bunch of athletic freaks.

That is kind of funny. I coached a 12 year old rec team that had no shooters. My plan was to make passes until you found a seam. Drive to the basket and hope to score, get fouled, or get a rebound.

It worked at the 12 year old rec level.

Somehow I think we need more at the ACC level going against a bunch of athletic freaks.

Hey, at least you told them to pass it around until they found a seam. Danny apparently doesn't even care if they pass it around that much.

That was an odd comment and I am not sure what to make of it. Was it just another reference to the youth of the team and how they need more experience?

Back