Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101

Thread: Ed Hardin article

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by bcobbdeacs View Post
    Can assure you that the front row is over this. They have reached the point that most agree with the assessment that a change is needed.I just hope that many are in agreement with me in that it is time to pony up for a seriously experienced new coach that can right the ship within 2 years. We are at crisis point now.
    Thanks for saying so here. Without a doubt it was time to do this after last season.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by bcobbdeacs View Post
    Can assure you that the front row is over this. They have reached the point that most agree with the assessment that a change is needed.I just hope that many are in agreement with me in that it is time to pony up for a seriously experienced new coach that can right the ship within 2 years. We are at crisis point now.
    Hopefully true although I doubt they feel at a crisis point as no way you wait when in crisis. No matter in a company, not for profit, team, or whatever when in crisis you do not delay taking the right actions. You take action immediately to show your commitment to excellence/success and get process started and give players hope. Most of kids will be checked out to either transfer or leave early (ie Hoard) even if not really in their best interest if you wait until end of season can DM.

  3. #43
    Didn't know Wellman was 70 years old....

    On a more serious note, am I misremembering that he had health issues a year or two back ?

    Might he be opting to retire gracefully ?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDO2 View Post
    Didn't know Wellman was 70 years old....

    On a more serious note, am I misremembering that he had health issues a year or two back ?

    Might he be opting to retire gracefully ?
    He had a bike accident but that's all I recall.

  5. #45
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    39,054
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    He had a bike accident but that's all I recall.

  6. #46
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why do they keep showing up?
    I go to see basketball, even if sometimes it hurts me to see a Zion Williamson and appreciate his skills, further, no matter what I think of the leadership the players deserve support. I have friends that have given up there seats there because they are so pissed, I tell them that is there decision, but the school will listen better if you show your commitment. Relative to making a change now for right or wrong I feel from previous experience why that is.

  7. #47
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Paint
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForest Fan View Post


    Dan The Leaf Raker with the not so subtle historically tinged take down. That was brutal in its own way. Hopefully this made its way around campus.

    For shame.

  8. #48
    Scooter Banks
    Deacon923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    undisclosed and secure
    Posts
    10,286
    I may be the only poster who actually receives a paper copy of the Greensboro News & Record. You may be interested to know that the Hardin article was the front of the sports page, accompanied by a large photo of manning with the giant words TICK TOCK over his head.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by bcobbdeacs View Post
    I go to see basketball, even if sometimes it hurts me to see a Zion Williamson and appreciate his skills, further, no matter what I think of the leadership the players deserve support. I have friends that have given up there seats there because they are so pissed, I tell them that is there decision, but the school will listen better if you show your commitment. Relative to making a change now for right or wrong I feel from previous experience why that is.
    What is that logic? "I will keep paying you whether you improve the product or not" sends a stronger message than "I refuse to pay you until you get your shit together"???

    This is the logic that gives Wellman a long enough leash to hang the basketball program.

    If Wellman ever felt he would be held accountable he may have not made such ridiculous hires in the first place.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacon923 View Post
    I may be the only poster who actually receives a paper copy of the Greensboro News & Record. You may be interested to know that the Hardin article was the front of the sports page, accompanied by a large photo of manning with the giant words TICK TOCK over his head.
    Nice.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    What is that logic? "I will keep paying you whether you improve the product or not" sends a stronger message than "I refuse to pay you until you get your shit together"???

    This is the logic that gives Wellman a long enough leash to hang the basketball program.

    If Wellman ever felt he would be held accountable he may have not made such ridiculous hires in the first place.
    "Look, I know you're an addict and all, but if I give you a hundo, you're going to use it to pay your bills...right? I really want to support you through this."

  12. #52
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    What is that logic? "I will keep paying you whether you improve the product or not" sends a stronger message than "I refuse to pay you until you get your shit together"???

    This is the logic that gives Wellman a long enough leash to hang the basketball program.

    If Wellman ever felt he would be held accountable he may have not made such ridiculous hires in the first place.
    Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bcobbdeacs View Post
    Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.
    When did you graduate from Wake?
    Oh Heavens Yes!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by coredeac View Post
    When did you graduate from Wake?
    Why do you care?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Why do you care?
    Because of the pompous horseshit being posted. The whole "they listen to me because I donate" bullshit.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

  16. #56
    Iím still not sure how that relates or what youíre going for here.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Iím still not sure how that relates or what youíre going for here.
    If you require an explanation of why alums, some multiple graduates, need to justify their vested interest in Wake Forest, I simply can't help you.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by bcobbdeacs View Post
    Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.
    So, basically, we have all of the folks still donating to blame for the last 9 years. Good to know.

  19. #59
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    So, basically, we have all of the folks still donating to blame for the last 9 years. Good to know.
    Racer, you and I have never agreed on anything so why would we start now.

  20. #60
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,130
    Quote Originally Posted by coredeac View Post
    When did you graduate from Wake?
    1973

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •