• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin article

"The bottom line is people like Manning. He’s still one of us, and his popularity with those in the administration and those in the front row is solid."

Curious if there are any actual facts to back this up. I don't think Ed Hardin has any special access to the Wake administration.

"The bottom line is people like Manning. He’s still one of us, and his popularity with those in the administration and those in the front row is solid."

Curious if there are any actual facts to back this up. I don't think Ed Hardin has any special access to the Wake administration.

One of whom? A former resident of the Triad? What does this mean? Who cares? We hired Isaiah Thomas when we needed Larry Bird. Most former great players don't make good coaches, nor do they even want to coach. MOVE ON!! This is a pointless exercise at this juncture.

Yeah, what was that shit about the big boosters being different now?

Also takes a stab at the players saying only 2 are ACC caliber. By my count we have 5, but Danny Manning has created a culture of blaming players for his shortcomings, when better coaches do more with lesser talent. Pitt's roster this year is terrible and they have more total wins, and last years Virginia Tech team wasn't an exceptionally stacked roster. Danny won't even get to 10 wins with this roster, and thats on him. Any decent coach worth a nickel would have 10 wins by now with the same guys.

Any decent coach worth a nickel would have 10 wins by now with the same guys.

It's hard to argue, considering who we've played, that we've had less talent/potential than any teams we've played this year save for TN and Duke.

Reliable source says Manning is gone at end of the season. Done deal.

Honestly, even knowing that - and believing your source - fucking 17 more games. Can't say I see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

But that quote at the end of his presser, if I am an AD that has balls that have distended from my body cavity (or the female equivalent), I fire the shit out of him or at least bring him into the office and chew the mother fucker out. It is just inexcusable. It is like he is gloating publicly that he can't fucking coach a lick.

It would not surprise that they like Manning given his NBA pedigree. People like to be around guys with that kind of history.

Also takes a stab at the players saying only 2 are ACC caliber. By my count we have 5, but Danny Manning has created a culture of blaming players for his shortcomings, when better coaches do more with lesser talent. Pitt's roster this year is terrible and they have more total wins, and last years Virginia Tech team wasn't an exceptionally stacked roster. Danny won't even get to 10 wins with this roster, and thats on him. Any decent coach worth a nickel would have 10 wins by now with the same guys.

Maybe, but only 2 would get playing time at the elite programs and it is hard to see any of them starting for the likes of Duke, UNC, UVa, VT or even FSU.

Honestly, even knowing that - and believing your source - fucking 17 more games. Can't say I see the light at the end of the tunnel yet.

But that quote at the end of his presser, if I am an AD that has balls that have distended from my body cavity (or the female equivalent), I fire the shit out of him or at least bring him into the office and chew the mother fucker out. It is just inexcusable. It is like he is gloating publicly that he can't fucking coach a lick.

Point 1) Word, why 17 more games of this misery?

Point 2) Aren't you doing the same thing that you criticized netflix for doing? While being even more distasteful and awful in your delivery of such scathing commentary that may or may not be for effect and humor (not sure cuz it's hard to tell with you)? Gross btw, thanks for that image ass hat.

Ed Hardin is one of the best in the business and does have access to the Wake program and their influential donors. He's know Mitt since before he went to Wake Forest. I've known Ed for about 8 years and on multiple occasions in person have been asking him to write "the Danny Manning article"...he finally did it and was spot on. In the world of semantics one could say that if you're on an ACC team then you're an ACC caliber player. The reality is that other than Hoard who do we have that could start for one of the top 6 ACC teams? My guess is we don't have anyone and isn't that what we all at least aspire to...being a top ACC team?

I applaud Ed for the feature...it took guts to write it. I just wish someone would have the guts at Wake Forest to address it.

The only glimmer of hope I see is that this is usually the time Wellman comes out with his basketball spin and vote of confidence for Manning. Wellman has been unusually quiet about the state of the year's team which I hope means even he knows its coming to an end.

If true that the “front row” still supports Manning then that is most likely due to the price they would be asked to pay to make a change. And with a certain President’s new tax law the cost is higher than it used to be for all boosters. If Manning appears comfortable it may relate to some basic facts about his package. He will never hurt for money. That’s for sure.

Sometimes it’s a better idea to hire a guy who really NEEDS the income?

Point 1) Word, why 17 more games of this misery?

Point 2) Aren't you doing the same thing that you criticized netflix for doing? While being even more distasteful and awful in your delivery of such scathing commentary that may or may not be for effect and humor (not sure cuz it's hard to tell with you)? Gross btw, thanks for that image ass hat.

1) Isn't that how many regular season games we have left + one ACC tourney game?

2) I'm not trying to be funny or snarking up visual aid. I'm just tappin words, man.

Lost me at this

"Wake fans still bemoan the loss of John Collins, a bizarre sentiment in the modern college game."

Bullshit. No one here bemoans the loss of Collins, who is a better rep of Wake hoops in his current role than is our sorry basketball team.

Collins

Lost me at this

"Wake fans still bemoan the loss of John Collins, a bizarre sentiment in the modern college game."

Bullshit. No one here bemoans the loss of Collins, who is a better rep of Wake hoops in his current role than is our sorry basketball team.

As a fan I disliked Collins heading to the nba after 2 yrs at Wake just like I'm tired of hearing about Hoard as a one and done...

Lost me at this

Agreed. What fans "bemoan" is players leaving our program in droves for inexplicable reasons. Collins' reasons were never in doubt. Not sure how he missed on this point so badly.

I think everyone was OK with Collins. It's the guys who clearly just want to get the hell out of dodge that we are bemoaning. We never have juniors or seniors.

Back