• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin article

If you require an explanation of why alums, some multiple graduates, need to justify their vested interest in Wake Forest, I simply can't help you.

I don’t need that explanation and haven’t asked for anything of the kind. Why does it matter what year he graduated? You don’t seem to be able to answer that. Simple question that you can’t help me with? Does that affect his fanhood? Are you implying that you don’t think he went to Wake? Either seems. . . pompous?

So, basically, we have all of the folks still donating to blame for the last 9 years. Good to know.

Makes sense. There's a shrinking number of people saying to stay the course.

I do not think I have said stay the course in this conversation.

Serious questions: if they’ve been listening to you, what is it that you’ve been saying? And what have they said or done in response to show you that your opinion carries weight?

Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.

So these past 9 years are your fault and the fault of those like you. Congrats.

Glad they are listening to you. Since they are listening to you, maybe you could give them better advice.

I may be the only poster who actually receives a paper copy of the Greensboro News & Record. You may be interested to know that the Hardin article was the front of the sports page, accompanied by a large photo of manning with the giant words TICK TOCK over his head.

WINSTON-SALEM — Danny Manning’s long nightmare continues.

And all of Wake Forest awaits the awakening.

sounds like the big shot donors are a bunch of losers to me if the strongest words one of their hallowed members can use is "most agree with the assessment that a change is needed"

sounds like the big shot donors are a bunch of losers to me if the strongest words one of their hallowed members can use is "most agree with the assessment that a change is needed"

I would also add they must have so much money they can afford to flush a bunch of it down the toilet. Actually what they have done is worse than flushing money down the toilet. At least when you flush it is gone and out of sight and out of mind whereas they get to have the stink bantered in front of their eyes that they paid for and apparently unwilling to demand the necessary changes.

We have not agreed on anything longer than 9 years my friend.

Maybe you have my confused for someone else? I honestly don't recall. But don't be so hard on yourself.

Last edited:
Bottom line is that we are all speaking. Staying away and withholding dollars is speaking pretty loudly. If Wellman is sufficiently insulated that he does not have to listen, then that is on Wake Forest and those who support that structure are getting what they deserve.

Try running a business where all the customers quit showing up and then telling the previous customers that they have to come back and pay if they want their voices heard.

At least I have a seat at the table, non donors are just spitting in the wind.

I'm glad that makes you feel important while the program crumbles around you just like the blue cheese on your crackers. Hope the wine is good! I'm sure that's a small table at this point. All the leaves have been taken out. Probably feels even more important as you each get an even bigger percentage of Wellman's warm gaze. The fact that he doesn't "hear" anything from the rest of us is on him, not us. We said our piece.

Last edited:

So you have a seat at the table of people who approve of the direction of the program. That’s what we’ve been saying.

Toooooo funny! Who cares!???! Clearly the seat hasn't bought you or anyone else anything worth a hill of beans. Or else you and your ilk are just as inept/weak/blind as Ronnie watching program hit the lowest point in history.

Now a seat at the table of say a SEC FB school, Clemson, UK/KU bball, etc. might be worth chirpin about, because those folk's voices are heard and they don't play with losers. But Ronnie just grins and bears it with our table full of jokers and kicks them out the door to do his own thing as rest of country laughs at the Deacs.

we are divided
the Russians - they are winning
the undeclared war

Well, that's fine. I've been a fan of Wake Forest since I was old enough to know what a basketball was. My dad and his brother grew up the same, as Wake fans, and my dad made sure I was raised a Deac fan. He bought season tickets for years and he and I would go to the games, saddened by the close losses and thrilled over the epic upsets. We don't get season tickets anymore and haven't even been to a single game since Prosser passed away. We have watched from afar by TV, when possible, or online and hoped for a spark of hope so that we can resume attending games. There is NO hope so long as Manning, and clearly Wellman, are around so you can be sure that my dad, his brother, myself, and many other fans will just ignore this little shit show. Yeah, there may be those who say Manning is definitely out at the end of the season, but I will believe it when I see it. The fact that they hired [@$$] and then Manning shows that Wellman and those "with a seat at the table" don't give a shit about Wake hoops, or the fans, so it wouldn't surprise me to seem them just keep Manning and extend him again. #newbeginnings - what fucking bullshit.

Back