• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ed Hardin article

Can assure you that the front row is over this. They have reached the point that most agree with the assessment that a change is needed.I just hope that many are in agreement with me in that it is time to pony up for a seriously experienced new coach that can right the ship within 2 years. We are at crisis point now.
Thanks for saying so here. Without a doubt it was time to do this after last season.

Can assure you that the front row is over this. They have reached the point that most agree with the assessment that a change is needed.I just hope that many are in agreement with me in that it is time to pony up for a seriously experienced new coach that can right the ship within 2 years. We are at crisis point now.

Hopefully true although I doubt they feel at a crisis point as no way you wait when in crisis. No matter in a company, not for profit, team, or whatever when in crisis you do not delay taking the right actions. You take action immediately to show your commitment to excellence/success and get process started and give players hope. Most of kids will be checked out to either transfer or leave early (ie Hoard) even if not really in their best interest if you wait until end of season can DM.

Didn't know Wellman was 70 years old....

On a more serious note, am I misremembering that he had health issues a year or two back ?

Might he be opting to retire gracefully ?

Didn't know Wellman was 70 years old....

On a more serious note, am I misremembering that he had health issues a year or two back ?

Might he be opting to retire gracefully ?

He had a bike accident but that's all I recall.

He had a bike accident but that's all I recall.

GreatHoax.jpg

Why do they keep showing up?

I go to see basketball, even if sometimes it hurts me to see a Zion Williamson and appreciate his skills, further, no matter what I think of the leadership the players deserve support. I have friends that have given up there seats there because they are so pissed, I tell them that is there decision, but the school will listen better if you show your commitment. Relative to making a change now for right or wrong I feel from previous experience why that is.

I may be the only poster who actually receives a paper copy of the Greensboro News & Record. You may be interested to know that the Hardin article was the front of the sports page, accompanied by a large photo of manning with the giant words TICK TOCK over his head.

I go to see basketball, even if sometimes it hurts me to see a Zion Williamson and appreciate his skills, further, no matter what I think of the leadership the players deserve support. I have friends that have given up there seats there because they are so pissed, I tell them that is there decision, but the school will listen better if you show your commitment. Relative to making a change now for right or wrong I feel from previous experience why that is.

What is that logic? "I will keep paying you whether you improve the product or not" sends a stronger message than "I refuse to pay you until you get your shit together"???

This is the logic that gives Wellman a long enough leash to hang the basketball program.

If Wellman ever felt he would be held accountable he may have not made such ridiculous hires in the first place.

I may be the only poster who actually receives a paper copy of the Greensboro News & Record. You may be interested to know that the Hardin article was the front of the sports page, accompanied by a large photo of manning with the giant words TICK TOCK over his head.

Nice.

What is that logic? "I will keep paying you whether you improve the product or not" sends a stronger message than "I refuse to pay you until you get your shit together"???

This is the logic that gives Wellman a long enough leash to hang the basketball program.

If Wellman ever felt he would be held accountable he may have not made such ridiculous hires in the first place.
"Look, I know you're an addict and all, but if I give you a hundo, you're going to use it to pay your bills...right? I really want to support you through this."

Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.

I’m still not sure how that relates or what you’re going for here.

I’m still not sure how that relates or what you’re going for here.

If you require an explanation of why alums, some multiple graduates, need to justify their vested interest in Wake Forest, I simply can't help you.

Yes, they will listen to me because I donate, they will not listen to you because you do not, strangely, it is that simple.
So, basically, we have all of the folks still donating to blame for the last 9 years. Good to know.

Back