• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

AI could replace 40% global jobs in as early as 15 years

Historically, we've seen huge changes in the way workers work. This is just the next step. Will some jobs cease to exist? Yes. Will new jobs wink into existence? Yes.

Yes. But the new jobs will likely require more skills than the old jobs.

Maybe in his prime, AI could have replaced a few dozen people, but he's 43 and retired now.

No kidding. It's the future, dudes. The machines can do the work and we can just chill. Perfect. I volunteer to be a test run.

Def still need to find a way to keep poor people poor in this new utopia though.

i mean, we have reddit and RSS feeds but moonz still manages to clutter the boards with dumb and/or gross articles all the time. life finds a way

let's just work less

Back in the 80's, they were writing that the 40 hr work week would soon the a thing of the past - that a mere 20-30 hr work week would be normal full time. So yeah, "the future" is finally here. I welcome our long weekend overlords.

Back in the 80's, they were writing that the 40 hr work week would soon the a thing of the past - that a mere 20-30 hr work week would be normal full time. So yeah, "the future" is finally here. I welcome our long weekend overlords.

It could be if people valued leisure time over money and if cost of living hadn’t increased dramatically.

Back