Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody expecting a presser to be called by Wellman for later today?

Quote Originally Posted by CantStandYa View Post
    Are the students back? In the off-chance he's fired, does the Quad get rolled?
    No. Manning is just a bad coach. Bz fueled animosity between himself and the fan-base/students/alumni. I believe Bz hated Wake as much as Wake hated Bz.

The earliest we would possibly see a presser would be March 13. That is the day after WF's opening round loss in the 2019 ACC Tournament.

A more realistic date is March 18 (the first Monday after the ACC Tournament as I doubt WF would announce a coaching change in the middle of the ACCT).

Should've been a poll.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Should've been a poll.
    A poll of whether there will be a presser today or a poll guessing what jaybone has been drinking or smoking this morning?
    boorish ruffian

Nah. Amazingly, this is normal jaybone

Scooter Banks
    Can you develop CTE from playing ultimate?

The Pumpfaker
    Tim Duncan is being hired as an assistant coach to shield the human shield.

One (half-baked, speculative, unfounded) thought/one thread.

Quote Originally Posted by liveanddiedeac View Post
    So you come here to post this and it's a complete hunch, gut feeling? I mean why on God's green earth, would you expect a presser by Wellman to fire Danny after a 21 point loss to Duke, that the sports guy on WXII News 12 last night was trying as hard as possible to spin as not so bad, on Wellman's orders I'm sure, because it was "Duke's 6th smallest margin of victory this season," if Wellman hasn't already had a presser to fire Danny after losses to a church league team and freaking Gardner-Webb? I mean are you smoking something this morning?

As much as I'd love for you to be right, SMH!!!!!!
    Your thinking about it from the wrong angle, this is when Wellman comes in with the “I can’t be happier about the state of the program” presser. flaunting the 18mil garunteed to Danny as the crowning achievement of his career.

Jaybone = Wellman???

Robert O'Kelley
    Quote Originally Posted by mako1331 View Post
    My favorite thing about Jaybone is he thinks gaybone was "subtle and nuanced"
    I never said subtle!
    le bone

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Weird thread. When was the last time we heard from Wellman in a public media session? I believe it was when Cornelius Hudson was kicked off the team and Devin was suspended. That was literally 3 years ago. Definitely a few screws loose in le bone's noggin.
    Watching too many Wake bball games will eff you up mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    Your thinking about it from the wrong angle, this is when Wellman comes in with the “I can’t be happier about the state of the program” presser. flaunting the 18mil garunteed to Danny as the crowning achievement of his career.
    You might be right. I could definitely see Wellman coming out and saying "Based on our great performance against Duke, their 6th smallest margin of victory this season I might add, I've given Danny Manning a lifetime contract extension and we're going to put his banner right beside the late Skip Prosser in the Joel. Danny has done an incredible job with our program and he is the right man to lead us to the day he wants to retire. Based on the progress we've seen this season, I fully expect Danny to lead us to top 10 opponent's smallest victory margins for the season against the like of UNC, Virginia, Duke again and the rest of the ACC. We will prove one of toughest opponents to ever finish 0-18 in the ACC in history under Danny."
    boorish ruffian

Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    I never said subtle!
    True dat. Oddly detailed. Sorry for the libel.

There will be a radio show tonight....https://godeacs.com/news/2019/1/10/m...day-night.aspx

At this point it's got to be really hard for Stan to find any softballs in the inbox to throw to Manning. I wonder if they're even taking questions anymore?
    boorish ruffian

There will be a radio show tonight....https://godeacs.com/news/2019/1/10/m...day-night.aspx

At this point it's got to be really hard for Stan to find any softballs in the inbox to throw to Manning. I wonder if they're even taking questions anymore?
    “So coach, let’s start by breaking down the delicious menu from our sponsor The Loop.”

You might be right. I could definitely see Wellman coming out and saying "Based on our great performance against Duke, their 6th smallest margin of victory this season I might add, I've given Danny Manning a lifetime contract extension and we're going to put his banner right beside the late Skip Prosser in the Joel. Danny has done an incredible job with our program and he is the right man to lead us to the day he wants to retire. Based on the progress we've seen this season, I fully expect Danny to lead us to top 10 opponent's smallest victory margins for the season against the like of UNC, Virginia, Duke again and the rest of the ACC. We will prove one of toughest opponents to ever finish 0-18 in the ACC in history under Danny."
    P.S I personally terminated the Bojangles contract at the Joel because it was the only enjoyable part of Wake games. It will be replaced by Long John Silvers as voted on by the remaining fans in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    P.S I personally terminated the Bojangles contract at the Joel because it was the only enjoyable part of Wake games. It will be replaced by Long John Silvers as voted on by the remaining fans in attendance.
    https://youtu.be/QiCbmt7HHNk
    boorish ruffian

So when does 98.1 stop carrying this garbage because nobody is listening?