• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody expecting a presser to be called by Wellman for later today?

The earliest we would possibly see a presser would be March 13. That is the day after WF's opening round loss in the 2019 ACC Tournament.

A more realistic date is March 18 (the first Monday after the ACC Tournament as I doubt WF would announce a coaching change in the middle of the ACCT).

One (half-baked, speculative, unfounded) thought/one thread.

So you come here to post this and it's a complete hunch, gut feeling? I mean why on God's green earth, would you expect a presser by Wellman to fire Danny after a 21 point loss to Duke, that the sports guy on WXII News 12 last night was trying as hard as possible to spin as not so bad, on Wellman's orders I'm sure, because it was "Duke's 6th smallest margin of victory this season," if Wellman hasn't already had a presser to fire Danny after losses to a church league team and freaking Gardner-Webb? I mean are you smoking something this morning?

As much as I'd love for you to be right, SMH!!!!!!
Your thinking about it from the wrong angle, this is when Wellman comes in with the “I can’t be happier about the state of the program” presser. flaunting the 18mil garunteed to Danny as the crowning achievement of his career.

Weird thread. When was the last time we heard from Wellman in a public media session? I believe it was when Cornelius Hudson was kicked off the team and Devin was suspended. That was literally 3 years ago. Definitely a few screws loose in le bone's noggin.

Watching too many Wake bball games will eff you up mentally.

Your thinking about it from the wrong angle, this is when Wellman comes in with the “I can’t be happier about the state of the program” presser. flaunting the 18mil garunteed to Danny as the crowning achievement of his career.

You might be right. I could definitely see Wellman coming out and saying "Based on our great performance against Duke, their 6th smallest margin of victory this season I might add, I've given Danny Manning a lifetime contract extension and we're going to put his banner right beside the late Skip Prosser in the Joel. Danny has done an incredible job with our program and he is the right man to lead us to the day he wants to retire. Based on the progress we've seen this season, I fully expect Danny to lead us to top 10 opponent's smallest victory margins for the season against the like of UNC, Virginia, Duke again and the rest of the ACC. We will prove one of toughest opponents to ever finish 0-18 in the ACC in history under Danny."

You might be right. I could definitely see Wellman coming out and saying "Based on our great performance against Duke, their 6th smallest margin of victory this season I might add, I've given Danny Manning a lifetime contract extension and we're going to put his banner right beside the late Skip Prosser in the Joel. Danny has done an incredible job with our program and he is the right man to lead us to the day he wants to retire. Based on the progress we've seen this season, I fully expect Danny to lead us to top 10 opponent's smallest victory margins for the season against the like of UNC, Virginia, Duke again and the rest of the ACC. We will prove one of toughest opponents to ever finish 0-18 in the ACC in history under Danny."
P.S I personally terminated the Bojangles contract at the Joel because it was the only enjoyable part of Wake games. It will be replaced by Long John Silvers as voted on by the remaining fans in attendance.

Back