• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Anybody expecting a presser to be called by Wellman for later today?

jaybone

Reaction score
I am ... can't say exactly why though. Laying down defensively against Duke is certainly part of it ...

Announcing the reintroduction of Bojangles into the Joel. Classic diversion tactic.

giphy.gif

Are the students back? In the off-chance he's fired, does the Quad get rolled?

Are the students back? In the off-chance he's fired, does the Quad get rolled?

first day of classes is Monday, but I'm sure whenever Manning leaves the quad will be rolled

by the way if there's a presser in the next 7 days and Manning is let go, I'll buy jaybone a beer - but if not, he needs to take a timeout from the boards

Last edited:
huh? seems like a weird expectation.

jaybone is trying extra hard to be remembered as being against Manning to make up for being late to the game with [Redacted] and getting mocked for it.

Weird thread. When was the last time we heard from Wellman in a public media session? I believe it was when Cornelius Hudson was kicked off the team and Devin was suspended. That was literally 3 years ago. Definitely a few screws loose in le bone's noggin.

Last edited:
After everything we've seen this season, that Duke game is going to be Wellman's final straw? A game with a packed house, a closely played 1st half and only a 22 point lose to the #1 team (in the rankings and in team culture) in the nation?!?!

My favorite thing about Jaybone is he thinks gaybone was "subtle and nuanced"

I am ... can't say exactly why though. Laying down defensively against Duke is certainly part of it ...

It's like the new convert to a religion that is filled with zeal and has hopes of changing the world. He sees possibilities at every turn.

The rest know that nothing is changing.

The last thing Wellman wants is a press conference...unless it is to announce an extension for Clawson.

So you come here to post this and it's a complete hunch, gut feeling? I mean why on God's green earth, would you expect a presser by Wellman to fire Danny after a 21 point loss to Duke, that the sports guy on WXII News 12 last night was trying as hard as possible to spin as not so bad, on Wellman's orders I'm sure, because it was "Duke's 6th smallest margin of victory this season," if Wellman hasn't already had a presser to fire Danny after losses to a church league team and freaking Gardner-Webb? I mean are you smoking something this morning?

As much as I'd love for you to be right, SMH!!!!!!

Back