• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

Bernie was dangerous in that he helped get Trump elected.

Trump should be in prison. I don't think Bernie should be in prison.

Bernie was dangerous in that he helped get Trump elected.

Trump should be in prison. I don't think Bernie should be in prison.

Ok, so just to be clear Bernie, fellow democrat, is not actually dangerous.

Dangerous is a word that can have multiple contexts. I think he was dangerous in 2016 since he had no chance to win, but could end up helping a sociopathic demagogue like Trump to win the WH. That's what happened.

I think Barr and Trump are both evil. I don't think Bernie is evil.

Dangerous: a word that, depending on context, can mean either "give" or "provide"

Dangerous: a word that, depending on context, can mean either "give" or "provide"
Yes give and provide are also words that can have different contexts. You would I think this would be pretty evident to Wake Forest graduates. As a matter of fact many of these words have multiple definitions that don't mean the same thing. Amazing!!!

Yes give and provide are also words that can have different contexts. You would I think this would be pretty evident to Wake Forest graduates. As a matter of fact many of these words have multiple definitions that don't mean the same thing. Amazing!!!

like accounting rules and accounting "rules"

You're the one that used the same word to describe two very different classes of people. Sure the word can have contextual meaning, but it's dangerous and careless to be casual with your language with respect to these two situations. Sorry I caught you in a linguistic conundrum. You used the same word to describe a guy running for president in your own political party as you did two guys trying to undermine the foundations of our government and democracy, I called you out on it, you denied it and then tried to question my intelligence. Even if unintended it's the same kind of garbagey false equivalency that the media uses to equate Joe Biden's supposed corruption with Trump and Barr.

You're the one that used the same word to describe two very different classes of people. Sure the word can have contextual meaning, but it's dangerous and careless to be casual with your language with respect to these two situations. Sorry I caught you in a linguistic conundrum. You used the same word to describe a guy running for president in your own political party as you did two guys trying to undermine the foundations of our government and democracy, I called you out on it, you denied it and then tried to question my intelligence. Even if unintended it's the same kind of garbagey false equivalency that the media uses to equate Joe Biden's supposed corruption with Trump and Barr.
Because it's a stupid point to make. A convicted murderer can be dangerous. So can a boy playing on the railroad tracks be dangerous. Some of you are totally ridiculous. It isn't careless. I am glad you have come to the realization of how much damage Donald Trump can do i was preaching this four years ago though. Better late to the party than never I guess.

I am glad you have come to the realization of how much damage Donald Trump can do i was preaching this four years ago though. Better late to the party than never I guess.

A regular Nostradamus over here. Not sure what you mean here but I've been at the anti-Trump party since it started.

All you had to do was to ask me to clarify my point, which I was happy to do, but this linguistic game of gotcha that you and Townie have both played recently is tiring when words can be used in entirely different contexts where they don't exhibit the same meaning.

There was no equivalence in my use of the word to describe Sanders and Barr. That should be the end of it.

Back