• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

The "Banana Republic of the United States" is where we are. Trump is an existential threat to the rule of law, and the only people outraged by it don't have the stroke to fix it. Republicans must like this shit.

I would love to see Judge Jackson call Barr into her court to explain "the new Justice Department" sentencing memorandum.

Then I would like to see her give Stone the high end of the guidelines. Recall that Stone chose to go to trial in this case, and engaged in "antics" that showed contempt for the court. So fuck him. Of course, Trump can always pardon him if he wants to.

I don't really care if he's pardoned but the judge should throw the book at him. Make trump pardon him.

The Bloomberg and Lincoln Project ads will be fun. The debates if he bothers to show up would be quite the show. No way he'd keep it together. Unless its biden. That would be painful to watch.

If they don’t light themselves on fire in front of the courthouse I don’t know what’s the point- Ph

During the case before silenced by the judge Stone had tweeted a pic of the judge in gun crosshairs.

Sargent:
How serious a break-glass moment is this?

Bromwich:
It’s extremely serious. The department had to understand that filing a supplemental memo would undermine the line prosecutors and make the department look terrible. Yet they were willing to do that, apparently because that’s what the president wanted.

It’s been 24 hours and Ph wants these 4 lawyers with no influence or power to speak of to overturn the Republic. Anything short of that, and their actions will be deemed worthless.

So if everyone with any integrity just resigns, doesn’t that mean the supervillains and their toadies will be the only ones left running things?

If they don’t light themselves on fire in front of the courthouse I don’t know what’s the point- Ph

And wtf would that do to “move the needle” for Republicans?

Trumpublicans would just say it proves their insanity and/or instability.

So if everyone with any integrity just resigns, doesn’t that mean the supervillains and their toadies will be the only ones left running things?

It would be a big deal.

It would be a big deal.

So the 4 directly involved resign and it moans nothing but if everyone ONLY resigns it would be a big deal? Those four set the stage and... maybe... other follow. Your insistence on this line in the sand it odd.

I bet if every single prosecutor at DOJ resigning en mass tomorrow in protest would not move the Republican needle one single millimeter. We’d get some ranting crazy diatribe from dear leader, Jim Jordan, and sailor et al. about draining the deep state swamp and how each of those prosecutors were actually involved with Burisma. A few of the Senators might be troubled by the events but the needle is staying put.

So the 4 directly involved resign and it moans nothing but if everyone ONLY resigns it would be a big deal? Those four set the stage and... maybe... other follow. Your insistence on this line in the sand it odd.

Seems like your sarcasm detector is busted.

Nah, none of that would be a big deal. Unless it moves the needle for folks immune to needle movement.

Back