• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

I changed my response as not to justify such a horrible comparison, but I would do more. I'd go to the media and notify the House. It's not difficult.

Why do lawyers act like it's so difficult to do the right thing?

I’m really sure the domestic violence/drug/whatever prosecutor for DC Superior Court at the USAO is the hero we’re looking for in the media (obligatory/s).

Their boss is Trump and they are expected to carry out his unjust revenge.

Plenty of people in this country have sacrificed more to protest injustice.

I think many government workers are hoping that the election will lead to a change in November and that they won’t have to end their careers now just a few months before. They are gritting their teeth and hoping the voters make the right choice in Nov. I know some people in the conservation agencies (park service, fish and wildlife) have resigned over policy issues but others are holding on under the hope that a change is coming and that someone has to try and stand in the way of awful policy coming down the ranks from above. Moral is extremely low though.

“Be the change you want to see.”

Their inaction may help keep Trump in office.

And Eric Holder said (paraphrase) don't resign. Stay in place, do the right thing, be true to your oath. report wrongdoing.

Quiting in protest can be important. Staying in place as a bulwark can be as well. If every good prosecutor (fbi agent, member of a govt agency) quits that only leaves the bad ones to scurry around in darkness.

You don’t need to PM a mod to cement your internet status. The level of idiocy you’ve shown on this topic is epic on its own.

LOL. What should they do then?

“Be the change you want to see.”

Their inaction may help keep Trump in office.

I largely disagree with this. Mass resignation of prosecutors from DOJ will be spun as a cleansing of the deep state by the GOP and allow those mother fuckers to fill those positions with who ever the fuck they want to prosecute Democrats. Sailor et al would lap the deep state garbage up and the new normal would be established. Trump has already pretty effectively vilified the FBI, DOJ prosecutors would be easy-peasy.

what are they doing to do if they stay? if they don't fall in line they get fired, anyway

what are they doing to do if they stay? if they don't fall in line they get fired, anyway

By staying they can interfere with the corrupting forces from within, slow the efforts down and report any egregious actions or leak to the media, in the hopes that new bosses will arrive next January. By leaving now they get replaced by white-nationalist, liberal hating, conspiracy theorists, that will quickly and eagerly carry out Trump's worst inclinations for at least the next year. I hope they stay and make as much noise and possible from within.

They do their job the right way and force Barr to fire them and go public at that point. When enough have do it, the public will understand. Not all the public, but the ones who don't want a dictator will.

They do their job the right way and force Barr to fire them and go public at that point. When enough have do it, the public will understand. Not all the public, but the ones who don't want a dictator will.

lol no one cares about anything anymore. plenty of people have gone public

we're all doomed

By staying they can interfere with the corrupting forces from within, slow the efforts down and report any egregious actions or leak to the media, in the hopes that new bosses will arrive next January. By leaving now they get replaced by white-nationalist, liberal hating, conspiracy theorists, that will quickly and eagerly carry out Trump's worst inclinations for at least the next year. I hope they stay and make as much noise and possible from within.

So they can be the Deep State or be replaced by the worst people.

All the more reason to speak out.

The principal person behind this is a lifelong Republican and former boss of Barr's under Daddy Bush.

Back