• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

perpetual motion is purportedly impossible but if we could somehow harness the power of an argument between Ph vs Junebug we could probably supply all the energy needs until the end of time

replace junebug with strick and you’re on to something

Generally yes. If these lawyers came out and said "we are recommending that the sentence be reduced because the defendant is a friend of the president," that not only looks bad, but puts evidence of corruption in the legal record books. Moreover, though, a lawyer can not release information to the court without their client's permission. Rather than lie for the government, they recused themselves from the case.

Ultimately, the mere act of all four recusing themselves was a big enough deal that it has snowballed into a major push against Barr, so I think their actions carried significant weight and that further action would not have yielded anything more significant. Attorney-client privilege is a fundamental part of being an attorney, just as the Hippocratic oath is a part of being a doctor. You never did answer my question, but this is essentially the heart of the argument anyway.

Thanks for the thorough explanation of your perspective. I think where we differ is that you think snowballing will work. The snowball will roll down the hill and get bigger and destructive on its own. I think the proverbial snowball needs to be bigger and needs more of a push.

I worry this will be yet another incident in which pundits, historical scholars, or the legal community immediately say “OMG! This is a big deal!” Then nothing happens and the offending behavior becomes normalized. I’m glad you don’t share that fear and I hope you’re right.

Last edited:

How many typos for Trump's first tweet?

By the way, the defense team had the right to strike that juror whom they knew had run as a Dem.

LOL. These Pharisees really know how to stick together. Don't pray for the thousands of decent ordinary career folks at the DOJ who are just trying to do their jobs in extremely difficult circumstances, let's pray for their corrupt and arrogant boss who is enabling presidential misbehavior on a massive scale! #maga

Last edited:
lol, Barr is trying to pretend he's considering resigning? Come on.

“He has his limits,” said one person familiar with Barr’s thinking, speaking on the condition of anonymity, like others, to discuss internal deliberations.

lol

Barr's "threat to resign" is as believable as his interview about Trump's need to stop tweeting.

Barr's "threat to resign" is as believable as his interview about Trump's need to stop tweeting.

That's the thing. I'm sure he wants trump to shut up so they can keep on in darkness. He probably gets pissed that trump is making everything more difficult. But agree there is no way he's actually thinking about resigning. On the other hand all of trump's noise just makes much of the public tune it all out so similar outcome.

Back