• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

the case was refiled as Carroll vs United States, but then they amended it to say Trump instead

the case was refiled as Carroll vs United States, but then they amended it to say Trump instead

i can see the implications but if says Trump now, why is DOJ intervening? if it stayed United States, that is one thing.

I know basically nothing about the Westfall Act, but the question seems to hinge on whether in making the [allegedly, but I have no doubt] false statement to the press, Trump was acting within the scope of his office as President. That seems patently ludicrous to me, but there is apparently at least some case law holding that elected officials act within the scope of their office when speaking with the press, even with respect to certain personal matters. As a policy matter, that also seems patently ridiculous, but as a matter of law, it may not be a completely absurd move.

If the Westfall Act applies, then substitution of the US as the defendant is appropriate. My guess is that the Court changed it back to Trump until the plaintiff makes her arguments as to why the Westfall Act doesn't apply (i.e., that Trump's statements were not within the scope of his office).

Seems pretty easy to argue that lying to the press is part of Trump’s typical daily duties as President.

the bombshell Horowitz report was a nothingburger, sounds like the bombshell Durham report was shaping up to be a nothingburger before ol' Billy B got to work on it.

Of course it's better to live under a robber baron if you're one of their top lackeys and lapdogs. It's miserable if you're just about everybody else. And lol at "moral busybodies". I'm sure that Barr would have regarded the abolitionists as moral busybodies in antebellum America and the Civil Rights Movement as made up of nothing but moral busybodies. In an administration filled with shitty people, Barr is turning out to be one of the biggest turds of all.

Where did they dig up this guy? Who figured out he’d be such an effective ally for Trump?

He did the same thing for Reagan with Iran-Contra.

Honestly if Trump wins again it time to take blue states leaving the United States as a serious option. California, Oregon, Washington, all of New England.

Back