• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

vindictive and short sighted trumpublicans. Just wait until NY stops paying fed taxes and propping up shit hole states like Kentucky and Mississippi.

vindictive and short sighted trumpublicans. Just wait until NY stops paying fed taxes and propping up shit hole states like Kentucky and Mississippi.

Oh no! Republicans will have to increase the deficit to overcome lower tax revenues!

Would definitely be a good excuse to move to Portland or Northern VA.

Doesn't matter. Trump succeeded in eroding trust in our elections. I'm sure he was just joking though.

Of all of Trump's enablers he's the one I would most like to see under the guillotine.

He's the number enemy for my chapter of the Grudge PAC.

Third Justice Dept. Prosecutor Publicly Denounces Barr

WASHINGTON — A 36-year veteran of the Justice Department this week accused Attorney General William P. Barr of abusing his power to sway the election for President Trump and said he was quitting, making him the third sitting prosecutor to issue a rare public rebuke of the attorney general.

“Barr’s resentment toward rule-of-law prosecutors became increasingly difficult to ignore, as did his slavish obedience to Donald Trump’s will,” Phillip Halpern, a federal prosecutor in San Diego, said in a letter published Wednesday in The San Diego Union-Tribune. “This career bureaucrat seems determined to turn our democracy into an autocracy.”

Mr. Halpern said he chose to retire as well, calling Mr. Barr “a well-trained bureaucrat” without prosecutorial experience and alleging that he scorned honest apolitical prosecutors and selectively meddled in the criminal justice system to help Mr. Trump’s allies.

He said he would have quit earlier but stayed on because he worried that the department under Mr. Barr would have interfered in his prosecution of former Representative Duncan D. Hunter, Republican of California, who pleaded guilty in December to conspiracy to steal campaign funds...

... Mr. Halpern, who worked under six presidents of both parties, said that he observed colleagues quitting and that highly qualified lawyers seemed unwilling to apply to be federal prosecutors because of how Mr. Barr helmed the department.

“I always believed the department’s past leaders were dedicated to the rule of law and the guiding principle that justice is blind,” Mr. Halpern said. “That is a bygone era, but it should not be forgotten.”

Back