• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

I said long ago that Barr was going to regret taking the AG job under Trump.

I was sad to see him kowtow to Trump for so long and in such degrading ways. Unsurprising, however, that he's finally found an issue too far...

I was sad to see him kowtow to Trump for so long and in such degrading ways. Unsurprising, however, that he's finally found an issue too far...

Trump is probably looking for someone he could make acting for his remaining 48 days and have do his bidding in that time.

It's pretty crazy that even Bill Barr has lines he doesn't want to cross. None of these people are heroes for tip toeing right up to that line.

I swear to god there better not be any redemption angle for Barr. He should be shunned from all society. The rubes have turned on him.

Too bad for him. He bears responsibility for creating the issue. His whitewashing of the Mueller report was criminal. And it allowed Trump to reinforce his belief that he is untouchable.

Bill Barr resigned effective December 31.

Bill Barr resigned effective December 31.

Sounds like he is actually leaving right before Christmas. So Jeff Rosen will take over as acting AG. Is he trustworthy at all? I guess you never know with Trump, but he wouldn't try to appoint another AG, right?

Everything Trump touches eventually dies...in this case, it's Barr's reputation that has taken the fall. Trump is just a user who expects total loyalty and fealty from his lackeys, and offers none in return. Instead, he just tosses them aside like garbage when they inevitably anger him, or embarrass him, or refuse to do something for him (even when, like Barr, they've already broken precedents and ethics and turned the Attorney General's office into little more than a personal legal arm of the POTUS, to be used for his whims.) No sympathy here; Barr should have known what he was getting into (and likely did, he probably thought he could manage it somehow. But no one manages Trump.)

Much like he used Sessions and tossed him aside and used many others and tossed them aside.

Much like he used Sessions and tossed him aside and used many others and tossed them aside.

Definitely. And anybody who goes to work for Trump should know this. That's likely why the quality of his cabinet and personal staff steadily declined throughout his presidency...and it most cases it was never particularly high to begin with, with the exceptions of guys like Mattis and Kelly, who were of course forced out.

Barr played the fool, was a horrible AG.

But his leaving at this late moment may portend an escalating crisis.

If the courts won’t play along with Trump’s autocratic delusions...maybe the Justice Department may still be made to break for the same.

Gotta wonder what shady shit Trump wants to do that Bill Fucking Barr wasn’t onboard with

Gotta wonder what shady shit Trump wants to do that Bill Fucking Barr wasn’t onboard with

The speculation I’ve seen centers around Trump’s coming corrupt pardons. But who knows, it’s hard to imagine Barr has any sort of moral line he won’t cross.

The speculation I’ve seen centers around Trump’s coming corrupt pardons. But who knows, it’s hard to imagine Barr has any sort of moral line he won’t cross.

Maybe the pay-for-pardon schemes that they are considering are so bad that even he doesn't want to be associated with it.

good lord, the Bill Barr resignation letter reads like a master class in how to suck up to your boss. Obsequious to the tenth power.

Back