• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bill Barr: The Cover-Up General

Yep, that’s an extremely low bar (ahem).

One which Republicans, unfortunately, can’t seem to collectively rise above.

The Atlantic article is getting a lot of shit on Twitter (not a good representation of the real world, admittedly). I don't think it's justified. No one is saying Barr is good. He just wasn't as corrupt and insane as Trump. I think that's basically what I'd say about everyone in the administration, with the exception of Stephen Miller.

I'd say it's more apt to say that Barr has some limits and he applied such limits once the jig was up. He was completely content to continue the BS while Trump held power but where the only alternative was overturning an election, he realized that was just too far. He's in the same boat as McConnell who was happy to ride Trump's coattails until doing so was going to cost him the Senate. If Trump is able to get within striking distance of power, McConnell will happily play along.

I mean the entire Republican power structure (barr and mcconnell) are just totally corrupt and cynical. They used trump as far as they could and then finally bailed on him when he pushed insurrection but then quickly realized that they could pivot and take political advantage of that From the constant stream of right wing disinformation. totally worthless pieces of crap

The kind of politicos somebody like Brad could support

Last edited:
I mean the entire Republican power structure (barr and mcconnell) are just totally corrupt and cynical. They used trump as far as they could and then finally bailed on him when he pushed insurrection but then quickly realized that they could pivot and take political advantage of that From the constant stream of right wing disinformation. totally worthless pieces of crap

Exactly, they jump ship just enough so they still fit in with the country club republican establishment crew. Basically the belief is team Democrat is still the Devil, but i'll follow Trump right up to whatever line I have at the extreme of crazy town before jumping ship and trying to rehab my image.

Last edited:
Giving one speech (mcconell) or one interview (barr) does not a ship jumping make.

Additionally, posting on a message board anonymously that you neither voted for nor supported trump does not a ship jumping make either.

Exactly, they jump ship just enough so they still fit in with the country club republican establishment crew. Basically the belief is team Democrat is still the Devil, but i'll follow Trump right up to whatever line I have at the extreme of crazy town before jumping ship and trying to rehab my image.

If the GOP does well in the 2022 elections and appears ready to do well in 2024, which is likely, then I fully expect guys like Barr will rationalize and attempt to hop back on the Trumpite bandwagon. It's how they roll.

This is way to hard for Angus to follow. Can you break it down? Is he Good or evil?

It’s amazing how it’s taken so long for public revelations of what we’ve known for years.

Angus and sailor are going to be crushed.

By the truth? That's water off their duck backs. Feet keep paddling furiously while they dodge truth bombs. It's very hard to remain so smuggly and deeply in the dark.

Yes, I was making a double joke, about how wrong they were and how immovable they are in the face of truth. Point still stands and all.

That NYT opinion piece seems pretty spot on. Hopefully history will hold this perspective.

Back