Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 213

Thread: Call out thread: Spill the beans on Gaudio/[name redacted]

  1. #21
    Sounds like we have a plan now. Someone needs to show up at Wellman's office in a suit and tell him you are with the NCAA and that there is evidence that Manning has committed some violations. If Wake gets rid of him now, the violations will not be pursued.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilchard View Post
    Keep in my mind that 2010 was not the first time a Dino-coached team had a late season collapse; the year before WF was 16-0 and #1 in the f-ing nation in late January; had 4 future NBA players, and somehow managed to not just lose, but get dominated in the first round of the ACC Tournament (as the #2 seed!), and then stumbled into a 15 point loss to Cleveland State (#4 v. #13 game) in the first round in the NCAAs. Under Dino, WF went from #1 in the country to 0 for in the post season as huge favorites. Dino completely butchered the end of the 2009 season too.

    Dino's post season record at WF was 1-5 in the post-season, and WF was a big favorite in all, but one of those games.

    In this context, with major questions about Dino's coaching ability, the clear regression of talent on the roster (WF was going to suck in a major way had Dino returned in 2011; realize it may have been slightly better with Dino, but in 2011, WF went 1 for 17 in ACC games and was one of the worst teams in ACC history #259) and issues about Dino off the court came together to lead to the decision to cut ties. The decision to dump Dino was correct, but WF completely bungled in finding the next coach to lead the program, and WF then compounded that error in the Spring of 2014.
    What were the offcourt issues? The rest of your post just rehashes what we already know.
    We're going to be good again.

  3. #23
    Perfectly reasonable to think a combination of everything already revealed in this thread (plus the now-infamous Today show episode) led to the firing. I doubt there was some huge scandal.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    Sounds like we have a plan now. Someone needs to show up at Wellman's office in a suit and tell him you are with the NCAA and that there is evidence that Manning has committed some violations. If Wake gets rid of him now, the violations will not be pursued.

  5. #25
    We have an assclown for an Athletic Director. That is the correct explanation and the only explanation that matters. Everything else is a poor attempt at rationalization and/or justification.

  6. #26
    most of us have seen the following posted as fact:

    1. Wellman fired Dino to get Stevens or Shaka, and had preliminary meetings to gauge interest, but somehow botched the hire (Shaka's wife! Tenure!)
    2. Dino did stuff "Worse than you can imagine"
    3. Dino got fired because he's Italian

    let's hear more about those theories form the ones that have posted such before

  7. #27
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,348
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    most of us have seen the following posted as fact:

    1. Wellman fired Dino to get Stevens or Shaka, and had preliminary meetings to gauge interest, but somehow botched the hire (Shaka's wife! Tenure!)
    2. Dino did stuff "Worse than you can imagine"
    3. Dino got fired because he's Italian

    let's hear more about those theories form the ones that have posted such before

  8. #28
    Scooter Banks
    jaybone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    7,845
    Quote Originally Posted by 2&2 Slider To Leyritz View Post
    We have an assclown for an Athletic Director. That is the correct explanation and the only explanation that matters. Everything else is a poor attempt at rationalization and/or justification.
    Um, either that OR yours is a dim over simplification that doesn't offer anything besides bile.

    It's simply hard to argue that Wellman is an assclown, at least in the real world in the era of Clawson and Muuse and Bresky. It just is. He still needs to go because he's 70 and he won't be able to successfully make the next coaching hire after either two shitty ones or ones where are top choices all turned us down.

    But you're not offering anything besides straight up assclowning.
    le bone

  9. #29

    Call out thread: Spill the beans on Gaudio/[name redacted]

    Seems like every rumor is just carried by the seat at the table Wellman jock sniffers who for some reason can see no wrong in their lord and savior Wellman and therefore need to deflect complete and utter failure. The firing of Dino is most likely the easy explanation of lack of post season success take that at face value. After that every other decision needs to be explained and there is no explanation so the simple answer for why Dino was fired gets morphed into fucking coeds or some other nefarious action because lack of post season success doesn’t really fly when the next two coaches have been disasters.

  10. #30
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    40,348
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybone View Post
    Um, either that OR yours is a dim over simplification that doesn't offer anything besides bile.

    It's simply hard to argue that Wellman is an assclown, at least in the real world in the era of Clawson and Muuse and Bresky. It just is. He still needs to go because he's 70 and he won't be able to successfully make the next coaching hire after either two shitty ones or ones where are top choices all turned us down.

    But you're not offering anything besides straight up assclowning.
    clawson seems to be working out but the guy mishandled the end of Grobe's tenure and has been a black hole of leadership and accountability when it comes to BB. not that hard argue #assclown

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    love the comment from the guy who loaded the video:

    I already banned comments because of too many douche bags making hateful and PC comments on this nice video. Guess what, any more bullshit and the video goes bye-bye. And the ones who enjoy this video will be upset and kill the fuckers who pissed me off.

  12. #32
    Pretty hard to argue against the assclown theory when you factor in just how tone deaf the whole BZ era was. That just could not possibly be handled any worse.

    You have to be pretty deep in Wellman to not be able to see how poorly he handled all of that.

  13. #33
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    65,773
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    most of us have seen the following posted as fact:

    1. Wellman fired Dino to get Stevens or Shaka, and had preliminary meetings to gauge interest, but somehow botched the hire (Shaka's wife! Tenure!)
    2. Dino did stuff "Worse than you can imagine"
    3. Dino got fired because he's Italian

    let's hear more about those theories form the ones that have posted such before
    You are conflating two different events. Stevens was after firing Dino. Shaka was after firing BZ.

  14. #34
    Also Wellman and Dino just didn't get along that well

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    Also Wellman and Dino just didn't get along that well
    Yes. The worst I heard from anyone with the AD is that Dino would not park legally on campus. Seriously. Although Dino comes off as likable on TV, he was not liked in the AD. Whether that is fair or not, I do not know. I have only heard second hand. Even though [] was a peculiar character he would play by the rules, thus not be a headache for the AD.

  16. #36
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    WFcatamount22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    5,408
    I have heard that Dino challenged Wellmans ego constantly and the two didn't have a good working relationship to the point Wellman felt like Dino was deliberately disrespecting him, parking in his reserved parking spot etc...

    Wellman then fires Dino and hires his buddy Buzz so he could have more control over the program. When it became evident that Wellman was failing he started a dirty smear campaign of rumors and lies designed to discredit Dino. The donors and blue hairs bought it hook line and sinker.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by buckets View Post
    Also Wellman and Dino just didn't get along that well
    Would anyone get along with the assclown?

    Sounds like a good reason to destroy the program.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by WFcatamount22 View Post
    I have heard that Dino challenged Wellmans ego constantly and the two didn't have a good working relationship to the point Wellman felt like Dino was deliberately disrespecting him, parking in his reserved parking spot etc...

    Wellman then fires Dino and hires his buddy Buzz so he could have more control over the program. When it became evident that Wellman was failing he started a dirty smear campaign of rumors and lies designed to discredit Dino. The donors and blue hairs bought it hook line and sinker.
    Thus no respectable coach wants to be here as long as the assclown is here.

  19. #39
    Nobody was predicting that Wake was going to go 1-17 before the season. Katz wrote an article when [name redacted] was hired about what a great situation he was coming into with a top recruiting class and the returning players.

    On paper, this was a one middling year and back to the NCAA roster.

  20. #40
    The plotline that always made the most sense to me was (all speculation)...

    1) Frustration with under performance in postseason
    1a) potential personality or vision of program disagreements between Dino and Wellman
    2) Wellman fires Dino coming off 3 seasons with a 67% win % with the stated expectation that Wake should win in the postseason
    3) Coaching fraternity raises eyebrows and disapproves of move b/c of Dino's record was good and hadn't "failed," and had recently been extended
    4) Wellman whiffs on top choice(s) - probably Stevens at least, maybe more
    5) Hires Bz
    6) overall reaction to hire is "WTF?" (especially noting that Bz showed no evidence of rectifying Wellman's criterion for Dino's dismissal - postseason success)
    7) in response to 3 and 6, rumors begin to emerge or professional or personal impropriety
    8) bz throws character of program and players under the bus as Wellman shifts the narrative from postseason success to program "Culture"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •