Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: KP Report Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2pm ACC Network

Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    You're just being argumentative and purposely dense. I can only comment on what I see - that is not 'blaming the players'. Manning is a disaster. One of his worst traits appears to be the inability to motivate - I've never seen him show any fire so I don't know he could impart any to the team. Maybe Hoard is the kind of kid that needs a coach to fire him up? Maybe he's tentative because he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing because he hasn't been properly coached - and we have no plan on offense or defense? I don't know. I don't know anything specific - again, I can only observe.
    And remember, when I am watching Hoard it is with the knowledge that he is "supposed" to be a one-and-done - that creates certain expectations.
    I know the kid is not literally lazy - he is a high-level college basketball player.
    I think that's what happens when a kid has to be constantly thinking 'why am I here, I could have gone anywhere'.

Quote Originally Posted by Deac83 View Post
    I think that's what happens when a kid has to be constantly thinking 'why am I here, I could have gone anywhere'.
    yep

Postgame with Stanó-Manning blames players for not paying attention to the scouting report, and the refs for not calling fouls on Miamió-said the reason we didnít get to the line more was because we were fouled but the refs didnít call it.

You canít make this stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Strickland33 View Post
    A decent coach could win with this group. There is talent on this roster.
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDeac1 View Post
    Postgame with Stanó-Manning blames players for not paying attention to the scouting report, and the refs for not calling fouls on Miamió-said the reason we didnít get to the line more was because we were fouled but the refs didnít call it.

Screw that guy. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but he's quickly approaching [name redacted] in the likability, or lack thereof, department.

"you serious clark?"

So, we have dumb players and the refs aren't calling enough fouls?? Sounds like a hell of a strategy to winning large!!
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Manning never ceases to amaze me. Deacs stayed close for 31 minutes by showing energy on D in the half court. Manning decides to employ full court pressure. Miami goes on a 21-6 run over the next 6:39 to blow it open. So much for full court pressure.

Michael Wynn (11) and Chaundee Brown (22) shoot 13-24 to combine for 33 points. Everyone else shoots 12-49.

Could we please have a gentleman's agreement where we don't ever attack our players. They are victims too. Anything Manning is fair game. Leave the kids alone.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    We actually have a coach whose offensive gameplan is to get fouled.

A decent coach could win with this group. There is talent on this roster.
    Yep.

We wouldn't win the ACC, but we would win a few, maybe even upset a top team...with a decent coach who can identify strengths and develop a game plan that utilizes them.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    7-8 wins in conference at least. Even more if you consider a decent coach may have kept Moore, Crawford, and Woods.

A common theme I see during the Manning era is that the players due seem to look lazy. But look at the personality of the coach. He coaches like a character from the Walking Dead. Have you ever seen a Duke team with this effort level? Nope that is from coaching. Skip's teams were never this unenthusiastic. Sad that it looks like Manning had lost this team b4 the season started. Just feel like that Wellman should RIP the bandaid off now.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    WTF was Chaundee doing on the bench for the last possession?????
    wondered the same thing. 35 secs, holding for last shot, you have to have your best offensive players on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    We actually have a coach whose offensive gameplan is to get fouled.
    i found it odd that he said that at halftime of duke game. it should be icing on the cake to get extra points at the free throw line. i find it concerning that a big percentage of wake's points come from the line.

Itís really sad that we have such weak roster that Johnson has to play material minutes.
    and yet we run a second half play for him to get a wing 3?!?!?! such bullshit subs with the 3 guard lineup and at one point 4 guards.

Quote Originally Posted by berneses View Post
    Looks like we have a chance of winning this game. If somehow Dopey wins 8 acc games, does he keep his job?
    you meant if Dopey wins 8 GAMES, right?

Quote Originally Posted by macktheknife View Post
    Could we please have a gentleman's agreement where we don't ever attack our players. They are victims too. Anything Manning is fair game. Leave the kids alone.
    Can you please cite a post where ANYONE on this thread has attacked our players?
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Yea. That is the answer I seek.

Anybody who blames the players for this mess is complicit in this mess.
    Strick, you really need to change your tagline. its just fantasy.

his strategy against Duke was to drive and get fouled so he is consistent.