• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2pm ACC Network

A common theme I see during the Manning era is that the players due seem to look lazy. But look at the personality of the coach. He coaches like a character from the Walking Dead. Have you ever seen a Duke team with this effort level? Nope that is from coaching. Skip's teams were never this unenthusiastic. Sad that it looks like Manning had lost this team b4 the season started. Just feel like that Wellman should RIP the bandaid off now.

Funny that you mention this because I've noticed Manning Constantly cracking or stretching his neck in an akward manner. Always kinda reminded me of a walker.

A decent coach could win with this group. There is talent on this roster.

Yep. Talent is there. Not talent to win the ACC, but talent to compete in the ACC.

It was really frustrating in the first half that with 30 seconds left in the half we called a time out (we had already used one, so it wasn't a use it or lose it situation). We proceeded to come out of the time out, Hold the ball (Childress stood at halfcourt without dribbling), make 2 passes (passed to wing and back to Chill) and then he jacked a contested 25 foot jump shot. Brilliant use of a timeout that we didn't need to use. We were down to 3 timeouts because of that, and we didn't even run a play. I hate it because our young players are good young players. I hope they stick around, because I would love to see Mucius, Wright, Brown, Sarr, Hoard, and even a guy like Wynn as upper classmen. Would also like to see us run a competent defense and rolling offensive set. So sad.

Yep. Talent is there. Not talent to win the ACC, but talent to compete in the ACC.

It was really frustrating in the first half that with 30 seconds left in the half we called a time out (we had already used one, so it wasn't a use it or lose it situation). We proceeded to come out of the time out, Hold the ball (Childress stood at halfcourt without dribbling), make 2 passes (passed to wing and back to Chill) and then he jacked a contested 25 foot jump shot. Brilliant use of a timeout that we didn't need to use. We were down to 3 timeouts because of that, and we didn't even run a play. I hate it because our young players are good young players. I hope they stick around, because I would love to see Mucius, Wright, Brown, Sarr, Hoard, and even a guy like Wynn as upper classmen. Would also like to see us run a competent defense and rolling offensive set. So sad.

It’s a shame we can’t just play more teams like Ohio State. We may even be undefeated at this point.

I’m pretty sure Childress and maybe Manning and all the players on the court did not know the shot clock was still on. I think it was a 5 sec difference. Childress started to run the play at 9 sec and realized the shot clock was counting down and he heaved up a shot.

yep, add a decent coach and a star player and we could compete pretty well, unfortunately Danny is most uninspirational and clueless to boot

It’s a shame we can’t just play more teams like Ohio State. We may even be undefeated at this point.

not sure your point...
but we lost to houston baptist. its going to be a few years before we can keep a loss to to a team like ohio state under 20 points.

not sure your point...
but we lost to houston baptist. its going to be a few years before we can keep a loss to to a team like ohio state under 20 points.

I’m baiting Wrangor. He proclaimed that WF’s team would be better than Ohio State’s this year. This in light of Woods transferring instead of staying to play for DM. It was ridiculous at the time and now even more so. At least he now thinks DM isn’t the answer.

LOL Wake Forest calls timeout, team huddles around Danny Manning, Manning silently looks around for the first 10 seconds of the 30 second time out.

For the record, I loved seeing this while re-watching last night and today. Where we sit at the Joel, never get to see WF huddles.

For the record, I loved seeing this while re-watching last night and today. Where we sit at the Joel, never get to see WF huddles.

I would also bet from where you sit in The Joel that you never see any defense played by Wake Forest either do you?

I would also bet from where you sit in The Joel that you never see any defense played by Wake Forest either do you?

Oh yeah, think I've made it clear that I don't. As I said in here, the little 1-2-2 or 3-2 matchup zone they've run in the past three games isn't a bad concept -- but when the league's worst offense lights it up and you give up wide-open 3s to a team that relies on them as much as Miami, it's a failed concept.

Oh yeah, think I've made it clear that I don't. As I said in here, the little 1-2-2 or 3-2 matchup zone they've run in the past three games isn't a bad concept -- but when the league's worst offense lights it up and you give up wide-open 3s to a team that relies on them as much as Miami, it's a failed concept.
It was stupid to run a zone against a team with limited size and several good 3 point shooters. And when you get shot out of a zone, have enough common sense to play man to man. You can’t make this crap up that Manning does. He’s a total bone head.

I'm peeping the Manning apologist in the tags. We are certainly one weird group of fans on the internet.

Do I occupy that much space in your head? I have already admitted I misjudged the situation. Clearly OSU is better than Wake. Keyshawn isn't exactly tearing it up over there (in his last 6 games he is getting minutes, but shooting FG 25%, 5pts, 3.5 asts, 2.5 rbs) so not sure it will improve his post-graduate placement overseas, but clearly he didn't like Manning or the way he was being handled, so more power to him.

He is on a better team, he is putting up worse numbers. We really suck, OSU doesn't. Whoopee.

First half on Saturday night, second half Sunday morning. Had to sleep some things off.

I feel like this is the equivalent of drinking a hair of the dog after a late night bender. It never really works, and usually just makes you throw up again.

I feel like this is the equivalent of drinking a hair of the dog after a late night bender. It never really works, and usually just makes you throw up again.

You're ...

Welllllllllllll ...

You're not wrong.

Back