• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2pm ACC Network

You're just being argumentative and purposely dense. I can only comment on what I see - that is not 'blaming the players'. Manning is a disaster. One of his worst traits appears to be the inability to motivate - I've never seen him show any fire so I don't know he could impart any to the team. Maybe Hoard is the kind of kid that needs a coach to fire him up? Maybe he's tentative because he doesn't know what he is supposed to be doing because he hasn't been properly coached - and we have no plan on offense or defense? I don't know. I don't know anything specific - again, I can only observe.
And remember, when I am watching Hoard it is with the knowledge that he is "supposed" to be a one-and-done - that creates certain expectations.
I know the kid is not literally lazy - he is a high-level college basketball player.

I think that's what happens when a kid has to be constantly thinking 'why am I here, I could have gone anywhere'.

Postgame with Stan—-Manning blames players for not paying attention to the scouting report, and the refs for not calling fouls on Miami—-said the reason we didn’t get to the line more was because we were fouled but the refs didn’t call it.

You can’t make this stuff up.

Postgame with Stan—-Manning blames players for not paying attention to the scouting report, and the refs for not calling fouls on Miami—-said the reason we didn’t get to the line more was because we were fouled but the refs didn’t call it.

Screw that guy. I'm not sure how he's doing it, but he's quickly approaching [Redacted] in the likability, or lack thereof, department.

"you serious clark?"

So, we have dumb players and the refs aren't calling enough fouls?? Sounds like a hell of a strategy to winning large!!

Manning never ceases to amaze me. Deacs stayed close for 31 minutes by showing energy on D in the half court. Manning decides to employ full court pressure. Miami goes on a 21-6 run over the next 6:39 to blow it open. So much for full court pressure.

Michael Wynn (11) and Chaundee Brown (22) shoot 13-24 to combine for 33 points. Everyone else shoots 12-49.

Could we please have a gentleman's agreement where we don't ever attack our players. They are victims too. Anything Manning is fair game. Leave the kids alone.

We actually have a coach whose offensive gameplan is to get fouled.

A decent coach could win with this group. There is talent on this roster.

Yep.

We wouldn't win the ACC, but we would win a few, maybe even upset a top team...with a decent coach who can identify strengths and develop a game plan that utilizes them.

7-8 wins in conference at least. Even more if you consider a decent coach may have kept Moore, Crawford, and Woods.

A common theme I see during the Manning era is that the players due seem to look lazy. But look at the personality of the coach. He coaches like a character from the Walking Dead. Have you ever seen a Duke team with this effort level? Nope that is from coaching. Skip's teams were never this unenthusiastic. Sad that it looks like Manning had lost this team b4 the season started. Just feel like that Wellman should RIP the bandaid off now.

We actually have a coach whose offensive gameplan is to get fouled.

i found it odd that he said that at halftime of duke game. it should be icing on the cake to get extra points at the free throw line. i find it concerning that a big percentage of wake's points come from the line.

It’s really sad that we have such weak roster that Johnson has to play material minutes.

and yet we run a second half play for him to get a wing 3?!?!?! such bullshit subs with the 3 guard lineup and at one point 4 guards.

Could we please have a gentleman's agreement where we don't ever attack our players. They are victims too. Anything Manning is fair game. Leave the kids alone.

Can you please cite a post where ANYONE on this thread has attacked our players?

his strategy against Duke was to drive and get fouled so he is consistent.

Back