• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Miami Hurricanes - Saturday 2pm ACC Network

Pilchard

Reaction score
#161 WF plays #65 at Miami's Wasco Center. Here is the summary of the Canes:

Record: U of M is a desperate team. They are 8-7 (0-3), and after tomorrow's game, they will be dogs in their next 5 conference games. A loss, and Miami could start the ACC season with no conference wins until February. Miami started the year 5-0, and ranked in the top 25 (their best win was over #57 Fresno St.). Since then then Miami is 3-8, with losses to Rutgers (#106), Yale (#89) and Penn (#124). In the ACC, Miami has lost to State by 5, L'ville by 17 and FSU by 6.

Offense: Miami has the #55 offense. They play at a moderate tempo (#178), and are a decent shooting team (53% in effective FG% #87), and they don't turn the ball over a lot (#73 in TO percentage). The Canes do not offensive rebound (#256). In conference play, Miami has been ineffective inside shooting 47% from 2 PT. They are mediocre in all other offensive categories.

Defense: The Canes are #88 on defense. Their biggest strength on D is that the do not foul (#3 on FTA/FGA); Miami has to play soft on D because they lack depth as detailed below; WF's offense is reliant on getting to the line (#6 offense in FTA/FGA). So, whether WF can get to the line will be a key factor. Miami has defended the 3 reasonably well (31.8% #88). Their two biggest weaknesses on D is that they don't keep opponents off the offensive glass (#224), and they don't defend the paint very well (#222 in 2 PT % D).

Lineup: Miami's disappointing season stems from their lack of depth due to injuries and suspensions. They only play 7, they are #333 in the nation in bench minutes and they get worn down at the end of games. In their 3 conference games, Miami has been outscored by 21 points in the last 10 minutes, and 33 in the 2nd half. Miami is also small, they start: PG 5-7 So. Chris Lykes (their leading scorer), SG 6-2 Sr. Zach Johnson, SF 6-6 Fr. Anthony Mack, PF 6-7 Sr. Anthony Lawrence, C 6-10 Sr. Ebuka Izundu. Off the bench, Miami brings 3 point shooter Dejan Vasiljevic and 6-10 Sam Waardenburg. All of Miami's players except for the two bigs can hit the three.

Bottom line: KP projects a 79-68 win. Miami is in a major tailspin, and they are lacking confidence; this is WF's best chance for a conference road win. Think every other ACC team, even Pitt and BC would win at Miami on Saturday, but WF is on another level of bad. Wouldn't be surprised if this game is close and in reach in the final minutes, but the Canes will find a way to win.

Wake tries to improve on its 4-33 ACC road record under Danny Manning.

I think Miami is terrible. I don't like their roster at all.

Having said that, I think we'll lose by double digits and I'd be surprised if the outcome was ever really in doubt.

I preferred last season, where we were at least in most games before shitting the bed in the last 5-10 minutes.

I think Miami is terrible. I don't like their roster at all.

Having said that, I think we'll lose by double digits and I'd be surprised if the outcome was ever really in doubt.

I preferred last season, where we were at least in most games before shitting the bed in the last 5-10 minutes.

I think that was really the worst. Like Wake was Lucy and we were Charlie Brown.

Best guesses for how much we're up at halftime and how badly we blow it in the second half?

I live outside of Miami now and I'm not sure I want to go to this. I used to drive from Fort Myers thinking this was my only chance to see them. Heck I used to drive from Marietta to Winston for the weekend games. I care but it's on life support.

2pm is a perfect start time.

I can watch the entire game and still have like 30 minutes to kick the dog, berate my wife and kids, break a bunch of shit, cry in the shower, apologize profusely to everyone, and then settle in just in time for the Colts/Chiefs kickoff!

2pm is a perfect start time.

I can watch the entire game and still have like 30 minutes to kick the dog, berate my wife and kids, break a bunch of shit, cry in the shower, apologize profusely to everyone, and then settle in just in time for the Colts/Chiefs kickoff!

Since you know they’re going to lose, just go ahead and get it out of the way now

Since you know they’re going to lose, just go ahead and get it out of the way now

My wife at the first media timeout of the 2nd half:

“Kids! Get in the van! Hurry! Danny Manning made his usual halftime adjustments!”

My wife at the first media timeout of the 2nd half:

“Kids! Get in the van! Hurry! Danny Manning made his usual halftime adjustments!”

I am pretty sure you cannot make that kind of joke in this #metoo era if you ever plan on hosting the Oscars.

You might want to go ahead and preemptively apologize.

Back