• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manning’s post-game presser (Miami)

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
Calling it right now:

Puts on eyeglasses.

Glances at stat sheet.

Looks up to the press before speaking.

And action!

“Well I thought we did some good things blah blah...credit to Miami, they did enough good things to win the basketball game...blah blah”

What insight!

Drinking game "We didn't stay in front of our man."

It seems like Manning is almost ready to start using the [Redacted] special of "winning halves" like it is some sort of achievement or game of record unto itself.

The only thing he should say is "I'm in over my very tall head. Therefore, I reZine"...and take your 4 (or whatever) road wins and gtfo.

At one of these post game press conferences some needs to ask him to tell us exactly how they practice defense. What kind of drills do they do? How much time do they spend on it? Etc...

At one of these post game press conferences some needs to ask him to tell us exactly how they practice defense. What kind of drills do they do? How much time do they spend on it? Etc...

Unfortunately, the questions toward Manning (future [censored])are pretty vanilla.

In all honesty, I've wondered if we practice at all. We are terrible at fundamentals, and haven't shown any improvement since the first game. If we do practice, then it seems we are just wasting time.

In all honesty, I've wondered if we practice at all. We are terrible at fundamentals, and haven't shown any improvement since the first game. If we do practice, then it seems we are just wasting time.

Seriously it does make you wonder what do we practice? It's like we never improve during the season under Manning and we are never the team that comes out in the 2nd half and looks like we made some adjustments and are motivated to take the game over. At least not against any decent opponent. Danny Manning has been terrible and the only reason he might get another head job after we finally rid ourselves of him, would be his name. Some AD as dumb as Wellman might hire because of that, but no other reason.

Seriously it does make you wonder what do we practice? It's like we never improve during the season under Manning and we are never the team that comes out in the 2nd half and looks like we made some adjustments and are motivated to take the game over. At least not against any decent opponent. Danny Manning has been terrible and the only reason he might get another head job after we finally rid ourselves of him, would be his name. Some AD as dumb as Wellman might hire because of that, but no other reason.

I've watched some videos of practice and it seemed to be all shooting drills, nothing more. Manning coaches like he has nba players

I've watched some videos of practice and it seemed to be all shooting drills, nothing more. Manning coaches like he has nba players

My theory all along is this is a case of a great player making a very poor coach. It's almost like he expects his players to have the level of skill, basketball IQ and desire he had and sees no reason to coach/teach any of those things.

My theory all along is this is a case of a great player making a very poor coach. It's almost like he expects his players to have the level of skill, basketball IQ and desire he had and sees no reason to coach/teach any of those things.

Sounds right. It is amazing that none our guards really ever got better under Manning. Practice should be a lot of decision making simulating game conditions.

Manning has to be a really bad practice coach for his players to improve so little over time.

You really can't blame any of the guys for leaving first chance they got.

Sounds right. It is amazing that none our guards really ever got better under Manning. Practice should be a lot of decision making simulating game conditions.

But we should definitely hire Randolph to take over!!

Back