• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Open letter to Mr. Shah

Write all the nice, polite letters you want, make all the posts on this and other boards you want, firing Manning is simply addressing a symptom, not the problem.

Ron Wellman cannot be allowed to hire another head basketball coach. Unless a new AD is named who can choose Manning's replacement, all this agonizing over Manning is irrelevant.

Virginia Tech showed the way to do it if you are serious about winning in the nation's toughest league: Their president hired a new AD in Whit Babcock when it was the time to make a change, and Babcock's first order of business was to fire a basketball coach who was in over his head and bring in Buzz Williams. The results are obvious.

That SAME spring Wellman had to be forced to fire Bz and when he finally did it was too late to line up a good coach. After floundering around he made a desperation hire, someone who was clearly unqualified to be a head coach in the ACC. Like Tech, the results for Wake are obvious, but in the opposite direction.

Wellman should be asked nicely to retire, and if he refuses, the BOT should force the situation if Hatch won't.

Bingo. I loathe Manning, but nothing compared to my feelings towards the BOT and administration. I can not believe that they are still sitting on their hands while our flagship program burns to the ground.

What would be the point of having Nestor lead the team for the rest of the season? He's not going to get consideration for the head job here, he's at the tail end of his career and it's unlikely we would improve dramatically with Ernie in charge.

It could stop change the attitude and feelings around the program. It could give the kids hope for next year and maybe prevent a few from transferring as soon as the season is over.

If Nester is an average coach or close, we can make games competitive again and give the players a chance to rally around each other.

Continuing this horribly negative season as is is awful for all involved, including Manning.

LOL. Ok Mr. Strickland.

I’m not sure that my feedback as a townie would be considered all that valuable. I also don’t really consider “make Wake basketball good again” as a top-50 political priority of mine at the moment, so I am reserving my naive emailing of public officials capacity for other campaigns.

The non responses here are telling. Let’s be frank. We suck because we graduate folks unwilling to change it.
You are so correct... How can one possibly tell that the mood of the fan base is wanting to get rid of Manning right now from the other threads on this board? Great detective skills!

if the powers that be haven't witnessed enough to fire manning at year end (they should have done it a while ago but we know they won't mid-season), then why ever fire the guy? literally. just let manning coach until he dies on the bench. fuck it all to hell.
what new information could possibly be introduced to generate a "well that's the last straw" reaction? the bad thing for all of us is that a black swan could occur (aka a few upsets) and he gets a lifetime extension.
This

I’m not sure that my feedback as a townie would be considered all that valuable. I also don’t really consider “make Wake basketball good again” as a top-50 political priority of mine at the moment, so I am reserving my naive emailing of public officials capacity for other campaigns.

I personally think the more Wellman and Hatch hear from the fan base, the better, and the more likely it is to cause change. Even if you are not a big donor.

Everyone just kept talking anonymously and did nothing. We suck because our alums suck.

I personally think the more Wellman and Hatch hear from the fan base, the better, and the more likely it is to cause change. Even if you are not a big donor.

I agree. I think our efforts need to be aimed at Hatch more than Wellman. I know that Hatch loves basketball and cares about the program to some degree.

Can you just summarize the thoughts here and put them on Wellman's desk?

Just seems far more efficient for you to deliver the message.

I have told you many times that my job has nothing to do with the athletic department - never has and never will. Yet, you keep pushing that conspiracy theory!

I have told you many times that my job has nothing to do with the athletic department - never has and never will. Yet, you keep pushing that conspiracy theory!

The Rafi doth protest too much, methinks.

It then begs the question - is it sadder to be a paid shill, or shill for free?

Bingo. I loathe Manning, but nothing compared to my feelings towards the BOT and administration. I can not believe that they are still sitting on their hands while our flagship program burns to the ground.

Would a new business school make you content?

rafi-memes-300x200.jpg

Back