• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch projected to be a 5th round pick

It frustrates me that we only got two years of these guys, while they could have contributed in year 1.

Yeah, it also would have been nice not using Wolford as a Freshman in a throwaway season. He could have made a difference of 2-3 wins as a 5th year senior last season. Oh well, program is still headed in the right direction.

IIRC, a lot of people questioned Jesse Bates decision to turn pro last year. It seems to have worked out well for him. Maybe Dortch is getting information from the same source as Bates. I wish he had stayed. He didn't. Wish him all the best.

Exactly. As we start getting better & better layers we will start having more of them turn pro after their third season here. That is just part of getting good! I actually like it that way and we can show new recruits what we can do for them in return.

Exactly. As we start getting better & better layers we will start having more of them turn pro after their third season here. That is just part of getting good! I actually like it that way and we can show new recruits what we can do for them in return.

This is true, and not necessarily a bad thing, but it still stings when Clemson surefire 1st rounders (and plenty of mid-round guys) stay an extra year, when our mid-rounders forego multiple years to leave. Maybe if we're legitimately competing for ACC championships, guys will be more likely to stay to achieve team/personal goals.

This is true, and not necessarily a bad thing, but it still stings when Clemson surefire 1st rounders (and plenty of mid-round guys) stay an extra year, when our mid-rounders forego multiple years to leave. Maybe if we're legitimately competing for ACC championships, guys will be more likely to stay to achieve team/personal goals.

Or these surefire first rounders are going to be surefire first rounders no matter what year they declare. As compared to diamonds in the rough who have to prove themselves and make calculated decisions on the right time to leave (i.e when their stock is highest).

Or these surefire first rounders are going to be surefire first rounders no matter what year they declare. As compared to diamonds in the rough who have to prove themselves and make calculated decisions on the right time to leave (i.e when their stock is highest).

True - although the injury risk/lost earnings argument is probably even greater for them.

Still very hard to collect. Jaylon Smith is one of the few who has successfully done so, and even he reportedly only got $700,000 which is WAY less than he lost out on by getting injured.

Yeah, it also would have been nice not using Wolford as a Freshman in a throwaway season. He could have made a difference of 2-3 wins as a 5th year senior last season. Oh well, program is still headed in the right direction.

Yeah, I remember hearing how bare the cupboard was when Clawson took over. Actually, IIRC, Clawson made that comment to Elrod who relayed it around to Wake circles (eventually landing on my ears).

The guys that were supposed to be QB on that team:

- Tyler Cameron (transferred to FAU to play TE)

- A recruit that got benched his Sr year, went to EMU as a WR and never really played

- Kevin Sousa - never threw a pass in the NCAA

Still very hard to collect. Jaylon Smith is one of the few who has successfully done so, and even he reportedly only got $700,000 which is WAY less than he lost out on by getting injured.

Draft insurance is rivaling Pete Newell’s big man camp in terms of Hype:Effectiveness ratio.

Yeah, I remember hearing how bare the cupboard was when Clawson took over. Actually, IIRC, Clawson made that comment to Elrod who relayed it around to Wake circles (eventually landing on my ears).

The guys that were supposed to be QB on that team:

- Tyler Cameron (transferred to FAU to play TE)

- A recruit that got benched his Sr year, went to EMU as a WR and never really played

- Kevin Sousa - never threw a pass in the NCAA

Clawson said it out loud at a Deacon Club event I attended in Charlotte. Specifically said that he liked what he saw on defense but that there was a lot to be done on offense with personnel.

Clawson said it out loud at a Deacon Club event I attended in Charlotte. Specifically said that he liked what he saw on defense but that there was a lot to be done on offense with personnel.

Yeah so maybe not my #sauces

Grove left Wake in bad shape.

And he did a good job recruiting over players at WR and RB.

And he did a good job recruiting over players at WR and RB.

I think he also did a fairly good job giving those players time to develop and making them all work for it before they moved onto the 2-deep and eventually took more and more snaps from older guys. He has a good combination of having to earn it but also not necessarily needing to wait your turn.

Back