• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta

mako1331

Son of Mako's Mom
Reaction score
Surely there's got to be a thread on this already. I'm a little late to the party, and just started watching the series on Hulu, but five episodes in and, damn, this may be may favorite thing on tv in a decade.

Everyone talks about the Teddy Perkins epsisode, and rightfully so, but to me *the* scene of the series was the Laffy Taffy scene.

Everyone talks about the Teddy Perkins epsisode, and rightfully so, but to me *the* scene of the series was the Laffy Taffy scene.

Seeing that on a best scenes of the year review was what got me into the show. I thought, Jesus, something this surreal begs to be watched.

My post recently on the Netflix thread:

Not on Netflix but I’ve finally caught up with Atlanta and it really is fantastic. My only surprise is the attention Glover and Stanfield have gotten for their acting/roles compared to Henry/Beetz who I think are superior. I know a big part of it is fame outside of the show but yeah, those two are the highlights for me. I would probably say Stanfield’s character is my least favorite part of the show.

I've only seen Teddy Perkins and that shit was bonkers. Say Hey and I got blazed and watched it, and there is a great Keith Jarrett shout-out in it. I feel like it drops one or two other good names, too.

Edit - found my immediate commentary. It should surprise no one that I am the person who has mentioned Keith Jarrett most on these boards. Though deacz was dropping some knowledge a few years ago.

Also we watched that Teddy Perkins ep of Atlanta and it was a good time. I've got a lot of time for including Stevie, especially anything from Music Of My Mind, so they got that shit right. I also liked the Keith Jarrett and Ahmad Jamal shout outs, especially since Keith Jarrett is a whitey but who is an ambiguous looking cat with a strong curly 'do. It fit, see. Anyway, that was the only Atlanta ep I've watched.

Last edited:
Don't miss the latest super exciting episode of CHARLOTTE! where Petey Pablo takes on the trans-bathroom controversy, no one can get a good meal, and everyone goes to bed at 10:14PM

Oh and there is another episode where Ern races Cam Newton outside a strip club, but Ern wins because Cam is super hurt all the time. After losing, Cam cheers himself up by returning inside to father another baby outside of wedlock.

I"d Watch.

Atlanta is one of the better shows I’ve watched in recent years. I feel like most episodes are good enough to stand alone.

Back