• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Police and Prison Abolition Thread

In all seriousness, the M&M bro's being the voice for the oppressed black community is a tired schtick.

lol dude I’m just posting on a message board, but truly sorry to bum you out about the plight of others.

A few notes about sloganeering. Republicans (and some Democrats) have been defunding public education for decades and shifting education dollars, land, buildings, and other resources to churches, corporations, and other private sector entities. But they don’t call it “defunding public education” right? It’s “voucher programs” and “charter schools” and “choice.” It's about "education reform." Republicans have been stripping away public education funding for decades under the guise of "reform."

So why not use that approach and focus on properly funding health and human services? Leave out that it will come from reallocating massive police budgets. Center the conversation around what people want not what people have and are afraid to lose.

I think this makes some sense.

lol dude I’m just posting on a message board, but truly sorry to bum you out about the plight of others.

In 14 minutes I'll go back into hiding to discuss minutes projections, what I had for breakfast and fresh movies on Netflix like any good, well to do white boy should be doing.

All due respect pil, if you can dismiss an entire national political activist movement of adults as a fringe anecdote, how are we to read your actual anecdote about a classroom of black children?

In 14 minutes I'll go back into hiding to discuss minutes projections, what I had for breakfast and fresh movies on Netflix like any good, well to do white boy should be doing.

imo white people should be critical of whiteness instead of hiding from it but ymmv

In all seriousness, the M&M bro's being the voice for the oppressed black community is a tired schtick. I'm not going to do the "black friend" thing...But I would task anyone who is reading this to ask all of their black friends and the friends of their black friends, how they feel about abolishing the police. PH, I know you don't want to abolish the police. Just because I jumped in this convo as a white guy doesn't mean you need to jump in with racial hierarchy talk and argue with me. I would imagine our views on this align more so than others who are posting here.

I fucking hate cops. Most all of them I know are douchey, power hungry bullies who didn't get laid in HS or college and wanted to become a cop to let out their pent up anger. We still need those angry idiots, though.

I want to abolish the police. We don’t need “angry idiots” in charge of public safety.

I’m surprised Pilch’s post hasn’t been made into an inspirational movie.

Fuck out of here with the accusation that I am trying to speak for Black people. I also haven’t claimed these movements are universally supported. To the extent that I’ve shared what I’ve learned about abolition, I’ve shared resources from BIPOC who are the leaders in the abolitionist movement.

I want to abolish the police. We don’t need “angry idiots” in charge of public safety.

I didn’t know that. Do you have a preferred alternative to our current policing system?

Colin Kaepernick is producing Abolition for the People, a collection of 30 essays from organizers , activists, scholars on police and prison abolition. Lots of great writers so far. Hope to share more when I’ve had a chance to read some of them.

Reposting this collection of essays. There may be an essay or two from white academics but it’s majority written by people of color.

I’m surprised Pilch’s post hasn’t been made into an inspirational movie.

Wai, what? Why? Then what are you arguing with the M's about? Who do you plan on calling if a bunch of murderers storm your 30,000 sq ft abode wanting to harm your family?

Fuck out of here with the accusation that I am trying to speak for Black people. I also haven’t claimed these movements are universally supported. To the extent that I’ve shared what I’ve learned about abolition, I’ve shared resources from BIPOC who are the leaders in the abolitionist movement.

Right. I think I’ve been very open and frank about how and where I disagree with popular black political sentiment, if there is such a thing. In fact, I’ve gotten a lot of disingenuous shit on this very board, from many of these very same disingenuous posters, for pointing out where I disagree with the black democratic establishment. It’s almost as if nefarious white liberals use “black politics” to sow racial discord and discourage radicalism. No, no way. I’m just being paranoid.

Right. I think I’ve been very open and frank about how and where I disagree with popular black political sentiment, if there is such a thing. In fact, I’ve gotten a lot of disingenuous shit on this very board, from many of these very same disingenuous posters, for pointing out where I disagree with the black democratic establishment. It’s almost as if nefarious white liberals use “black politics” to sow racial discord and discourage radicalism. No, no way. I’m just being paranoid.

You guys are consistent. As someone who has nothing in common with your political views, I can appreciate the messaging. While you lump me into a group of disingenuous posters, that's fine. I think that both of you have genuine views that come from a good place.

Conclusion of witching hour. Back to my middle class, boring career, milquetoast, white boy life.

Wai, what? Why? Then what are you arguing with the M's about? Who do you plan on calling if a bunch of murderers storm your 30,000 sq ft abode wanting to harm your family?

I think you grossly overestimate how many times cops actually do anything in these hypothetical situations.

again revealing that for creamy a critique of whiteness = calling white people boring

You guys are consistent. As someone who has nothing in common with your political views, I can appreciate the messaging. While you lump me into a group of disingenuous posters, that's fine. I think that both of you have genuine views that come from a good place.

Conclusion of witching hour. Back to my middle class, boring career, milquetoast, white boy life.

I don’t think your viewpoint of policing is disingenuous, I think using anecdotes and presumptions about black political beliefs as a blanket defense of your own beliefs, is disingenuous. It implies that your personal beliefs stem from some racial wisdom or unified concern - white people shouldn’t use some lazily crafted racial cudgel to defend their personally held beliefs. I’ve long made my point that I oppose authoritarianism on its own sake, outside of racial bias. Even if our cops weren’t virulently racist, poors, minorities, and the most vulnerable of our population would still bear the brunt of police abuses and violence. So no, I don’t particularly care that a majority of older Black Americans might not agree with defunding or abolishing the police, because they aren’t the only victims of our justice system.

In all seriousness, the M&M bro's being the voice for the oppressed black community is a tired schtick. I'm not going to do the "black friend" thing...But I would task anyone who is reading this to ask all of their black friends and the friends of their black friends, how they feel about abolishing the police. PH, I know you don't want to abolish the police. Just because I jumped in this convo as a white guy doesn't mean you need to jump in with racial hierarchy talk and argue with me. I would imagine our views on this align more so than others who are posting here.

I fucking hate cops. Most all of them I know are douchey, power hungry bullies who didn't get laid in HS or college and wanted to become a cop to let out their pent up anger. We still need those angry idiots, though.

To be fair MDMH comes from the sticks in Kentucky from what must be a long line of disenfranchised hiilbilly's so he should know a thing or two about plight.

The other one is just a lazy fat fuck who wants to get up on a soap box in a sad, tired, desperate attempt to peacock for some lesbian coffee shop pussy that he never gets.

Last edited:
I feel like America did it’s revolution thing and hasn’t led the world in a progressive movement since. How is this super conservative country going to abolish police when what are deemed the most progressive countries still have police (though much different than American police, still police). People here are trying to fight progressive boss level 100 while still at progressive level 5, see any video game for how that will turn out for you.

Back