• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

Ugggh..rough start to the season for the Diamond Deacs. Need to change some things and quickly

Deacs savage weekend with win over Elon 13-7. Shuster with another huge strikeout game.

Well still not very encouraging even with the W. (At least what I can surmise from the box score.) Elon outhit us 14-9. We had two errors to their one, and left 12 runners on to their 10. We took advantage of 14 BB to win this one.

The Deacs need to get right this week and string together some wins.

We had a 6-run offensive inning last night with zero hits. (6 BB, 2 HBPs)

College ball is not all that different from youth baseball: it is critical to throw strikes and make the other guys do same

Errors continue to be problematic, but the deacs get the win over the fighting Wes millers to improve to 5-4.

A super regional bound team takes care of quinnpiac, Elon, and the UNCGs with ease.

This team is not a super regional team right now.

A super regional bound team takes care of quinnpiac, Elon, and the UNCGs with ease.

Agreed. I may be wrong, but I don't think this is a super regional team this year. Gonna have to do some major work.

We look far from even making the dance currently. The next 10 days are huge for this season. 3 game series vs Furman this weekend. Then 2 games at Coastal during the week. Then ACC play starts with ND coming here. I'm hoping for a minimum of 5-3 and a series win vs ND. But at this point, I wouldn't be shocked to see 3-5 out of those upcoming 8 games.

Deacs need to sweep Furman. They have played a crappy schedule and are 2-4. Splitting at Coastal would be great they are currently ranked #20. Agree that WF needs to start off ACC play with a series win over ND.

Elon and UNCG are different than Quinnipiac (who is terrible) but yeah we have to take care of business midweek all season now.

Game against Furman today has been moved to the Couch and moved up to start at 3:30. It's raining like hell here in High Point.

Deacs need to sweep Furman. They have played a crappy schedule and are 2-4. Splitting at Coastal would be great they are currently ranked #20. Agree that WF needs to start off ACC play with a series win over ND.

Agreed. The home conference schedule is doable though, or at least I thought so at the beginning of the year.

Deacs first first game against Furman 13-7, were leading 13-1.

Bruce Steel was back in the lineup

Back