• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

Early double header today. Jared Shuster is a monster. 12 Ks through 7, Deacs up 5-0.

Anyone have any news on Muntz? He was clobbering the ball but has been sitting out.

Deacs trying to beat the rain today - won the first game 5-1, up 7-0 mid 4th in the second game today/third of the series

McSweeney 4 K's, 3 BB, 1 H allowed through 4 innings

Let’s finish off the sweep. Then let’s get one vs Coastal. Come home with solid momentum for ND. Having steel back is huge defensively. Let’s keep it going!

Also nice to see Steel with a tater in Game2. Interestingly, he moved over to 3B with Frick at short for the second game.

Also nice to see Steel with a tater in Game2. Interestingly, he moved over to 3B with Frick at short for the second game.

A potential constant infield of mueller, steel, and frick will be nice. Walter has moved them around a bit so far. I’m guessing he’ll eventually settle on having mueller play 3rd, steel at SS, and frick at second?

Deacs get the win 11-2 for the sweep

went to the end of the bullpen and finish it off - unfortunately gave up 5 BBs over the last two innings and lost the shutout; Bach had to come on to close the door

still nice to get the sweep and move to 8-4 heading to a key midweek series at Coastal Carolina

Seems like our deep bullpen needs some work. Everytime we have a huge lead late and put in those guys, they give up a bunch.

Seems like our deep bullpen needs some work. Everytime we have a huge lead late and put in those guys, they give up a bunch.

Hopefully won’t have to rely on them too much. If Cusick becomes the midweek guy, leaves you with Menendez, Witt, Muntz, Fleming and Hearn which seems okay. Also hopeful Beddow will improve, his early strikeout numbers are certainly impressive.

For those of us out of the area, I believe watchable games start next weekend! Early season could’ve been better, but were in good shape!
Also, I’d prefer to keep the game threads on here as a season long thread. I know the group of us is small and hardcore, so if others prefer the individual threads which have been popping up then I’ll get used to it! Thoughts?

For those of us out of the area, I believe watchable games start next weekend! Early season could’ve been better, but were in good shape!
Also, I’d prefer to keep the game threads on here as a season long thread. I know the group of us is small and hardcore, so if others prefer the individual threads which have been popping up then I’ll get used to it! Thoughts?

I'm fine with the threads being on here. I'm going to try to be at some of the upcoming games as well.

Coastal is 10-2, and the just spent the weekend sweeping Illinois (who was ranked), UCONN and Indiana. The Chaunts are ranked #19.

From the CCU website, it appears that tomorrow's game will be televised (4 pm start), but Wednesday's game (11:30 am start) will not.

Here is a link to the Coastal schedule, including the sub-link to watch tomorrow's game: https://goccusports.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1325

It’s an ultimate LOWF that the earlier season home games aren’t televised. Every other ACC school televises nearly every home game.

Last edited:
Playing today and tomorrow at Coastal Carolina.

Any idea on starters? Guessing Cusick for sure, maybe Muntz if he's healthy?

According to WF's game notes, WF is starting frosh Ryan Cusick today and Senior Tyler Witt tomorrow.

Wake’s top three starters have allowed 15 earned runs in over 48 innings. Solid start to the season on that front. ACC play should be fun to watch.

Gonna have a group heading there this weekend for the home series vs ND. The weather doesn't look great, but oh well. Would love to take one of these 2 vs Coastal and head into this weekend with some momentum. Notre Dame looks pretty god awful so far. A series win should be the minimum expectation. Pumped to spend some time at the Couch.

Gonna have a group heading there this weekend for the home series vs ND. The weather doesn't look great, but oh well. Would love to take one of these 2 vs Coastal and head into this weekend with some momentum. Notre Dame looks pretty god awful so far. A series win should be the minimum expectation. Pumped to spend some time at the Couch.

I'm headed into Winston as well, from Charlotte, this weekend and plan to go to the game on Saturday. Let's get rowdy

Already 2 errors and we're only in the Bottom of the 2nd with 1 out.
3-0 Coastal. This will more than likely get ugly soon.

Back