• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

Deacs win 7-4, nice job by Fleming closing it out. Still feels like we have the pieces just need to put it together. With a few exceptions, the bats are generally doing okay.

Really puzzling what’s happened to Logan’s Harveys bat? Progressively getting more and more outmatched.

Really puzzling what’s happened to Logan’s Harveys bat? Progressively getting more and more outmatched.

He was atrocious last year, but I remember calling for him to replace Breazeale when he was a freshman. Who knows.

fortunate to get out of it on a line drive DP. we really should still win though

Why would you ever bring in Tyler Witt in a pressure situation WITH runners on. He is terrible. Was hoping Menendez would get back on track but nonchalant pitches put him in bad counts. Bullpen has been ridiculously bad.

Bats are also striking out a bunch. Nonproductive outs that don’t move runners.

What a WF way to give up a run. Catcher trips on the bat when we would’ve had an out at the plate.

This team is significantly worse than last year's team. I just don't get it

So much for all the hype about how we're a top 25 team this looks like one of the worst teams in the ACC

Terrible loss. Bullpen sucks, getting nothing from Mueller, even less from Harvey. Poteet is struggling. Sprinkle in a bunch of errors and no clutch hitting and you’ve got a crappy 9-8 team.

So much for all the hype about how we're a top 25 team this looks like one of the worst teams in the ACC

Yes, we look more like last year's team than the great team we had 2 years ago. It looks to me like the only way this year's Deacs get into the CWS at Omaha is to buy tickets.

Yes, we look more like last year's team than the great team we had 2 years ago. It looks to me like the only way this year's Deacs get into the CWS at Omaha is to buy tickets.

I wonder if Currie's second hire will be baseball coach? Seems like Walter should be on the hot seat, given all the money that has been pumped in to the program and the general lack of success. He's really only had one good year and one decent year in his entire Wake tenure, right? And wasn't it just a few years ago that he interviewed for another job (Tulane?) but didn't get it? Seems like that most thought that was an attempt to move on before he got involuntarily moved on. There are definitely others that follow Wake baseball more than me, but it seems that Wake has consistently done all of the little things that it takes to lose baseball games - failure to capitalize on runners in scoring position, errors at the worse time, lack of pitching depth (walks, HBPs, WPs, etc. - while Walter has been managing. It seems that recruiting has improved, and it looked like the program was on an upward trajectory during that season 2 years ago. However, maybe that season was just a matter of catching lightning in a bottle. A bunch of guys that could mash, and the ability to hit a lot of HRs covered up other issues?

Back