• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Diamond Deacs 2019 (Offseason) | 5 Deacs Drafted

Open in less than a week.

We’ll forget about basketball soon enough. He’ll I still think about that SR ( 2 yrs ago) with Florida all the time. Deacs were inches from Omaha.

Yup. Man how cool would that have been. Fun series especially going toe to toe with the eventual Champ.

We blew it in game one. We should have won that game.

The gaytors simply had more pitching thus they were unaffected by multiple rain delays.

Florida was absolutely stacked all over the field. Wake's performance in Gainesville made me believe we were a top5-10 team in the country.

Bring on the 2019 Diamond Deacs.

We out hit them 9-4 and game 1 and lost out hit them 17-8 game 2 and won and got out hit 10 4 in game three and lost.

I listened in on the Tom Walter conference call today. He compared this team favorably to the 2017 team and gave the impression this year could be very special.

I listened in on the Tom Walter conference call today. He compared this team favorably to the 2017 team and gave the impression this year could be very special.

Awesome. Hope Wake can start putting together consistent good years.

Les indicates that Fri: McSweeney, Sat: Pelus, Sun: Shuster

Interesting that, at least for now, McSweeney rather than Peluse, is the Friday starter.

Guessing that's because Saturday's opponent, Illinois, is better than Friday's, Sacred Heart.

Would expect that Peluse will generally pitch on Fridays when the conference season starts.

Interesting that, at least for now, McSweeney rather than Peluse, is the Friday starter.

Guessing that's because Saturday's opponent, Illinois, is better than Friday's, Sacred Heart.

Would expect that Peluse will generally pitch on Fridays when the conference season starts.

Even more interesting is that McSweeney is the higher rated prospect for the draft.

Yeah Illinois is the best team we play this weekend (top 40-50 projected) so Peluse gets that start.

Anyone know if baseball players can play in a certain number of games this season and still redshirt? Or is that just a football thing?

Possibly mentioned in this thread, but Tom Walter coaching against his son on Saturday (Chase Walter is a freshman INF at G'town).

Isn't that the same basic rule that applies to every other sport sans football? And football was the same until this past season.

Yes. Football is the only sport that you can play any part of the season and red-shirt without getting an NCAA hardship waiver.

Back