• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Baptist Hospital “Encouraging Employees to buy discounted Wake tickets.”

zqglass

Reaction score
I have had multiple friends that work for Baptist offer me freebies every season over the past decade, even for the Duke, State, and UNC games. I never really thought much about it, and just assumed everyone gets some tickets from their higher ups here and there. Apparently all Baptist employees received this email today: (I just typed it, as the screen grab I took isn't working)

"Discounted WFU Men's Basketball Tickets Available for Purchase
Wake Forest Baptist Health Employees are encouraged to purchase discounted WFU Men's Basketball tickets to select games only (best seats available for $20 each).

-January 26 vs Boston College at 4 pm
-February 26 vs Miami at 7 pm
-March 9 vs Florida State at Noon

to purchase go to:

GoDeacs.com/promo and eneter WHBB18 to purchase.

Maybe this isn't new, and it's something they've been doing for years now but all I can say is, Ron Wellman is the most pathetic Athletic Director in the Power 5.

Last edited:
Maybe if the tix included free parking and a hot dog and soda voucher for $8, people would buy the tix.

The email isn’t showing up for me. Not sure about others.

45837824005_b393de124f_h.jpg

Meh. Seems like a standard employee discount on tickets. Probably emails like this at every school in the country. Plenty to be upset about, mostly having a terrible basketball coach, but selling tickets below retail to employees at Wake seems like a silly hill to charge up.

We get these occasionally for UNC games, usually for games over break, but they pop up every once in a while.

Meh. Seems like a standard employee discount on tickets. Probably emails like this at every school in the country. Plenty to be upset about, mostly having a terrible basketball coach, but selling tickets below retail to employees at Wake seems like a silly hill to charge up.

You're probably right. I used to jump at the opportunity to grab tickets (discounted or free) from my friends from Baptist. Now, I tell them not to even offer them to me.

March 9 could be your last chance to see DM coach a Wake home game.

3 games no one gives a F*!k about, and probably with expected attendance below 2500. Ron trying to minimize his losses by begging people who don't know better to buy his shitty product. Just own the empty Coliseum Ron.

Do you want to keep your employees happy? Because that's not how you keep your employees happy.

For some reason I get calls from the goons at the WF ticket office wanting me to buy tickets at full price. It's ridiculous and uncalled for. I have never had another school constantly harass me like that, only at Wake.

For some reason I get calls from the goons at the WF ticket office wanting me to buy tickets at full price. It's ridiculous and uncalled for. I have never had another school constantly harass me like that, only at Wake.

They really go after State guys since the best chance to sell a ticket at full price is to those with a bit lower IQ. No offense intended, of course.

Back