• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Parliament rejects Brexit deal

Good. Fuck the Tories, fuck Brexit. UK Conservative Party is almost as bad as its US little brother.

So what does it mean? I thought I'd heard that no deal is way worse than the exit plan.

I've read that there's growing sentiment to simply have another referendum, as polls now show that staying in the EU would win by a pretty comfortable margin. May has been stoutly opposed to that idea, though, and so have conservatives as a whole, so I don't know if that's a realistic option.

I wish "lul, I didn't know what voting does" were valid in the US as well.

I've read that there's growing sentiment to simply have another referendum, as polls now show that staying in the EU would win by a pretty comfortable margin. May has been stoutly opposed to that idea, though, and so have conservatives as a whole, so I don't know if that's a realistic option.

So I see this as a positive if they do have another referendum and vote to stay. But if they don't and instead have a hard brexit, that worries me. What is the likelihood of another referendum, and do they have to have a no confidence vote first?

While I personally disagree with Brexit, having another referendum is not particularly democratic and should be avoided.

While I personally disagree with Brexit, having another referendum is not particularly democratic and should be avoided.

Voting for something or someone, trying to make it work for a few years, then voting for something or someone else is the core of democracy. It’s been 2.5 years since the brexit vote. It’s not like doing an immediate redo.

Call it a brexit re-election campaign.

They should vote, but do it like America does it and call it... I don't know... "Electoral University" and make the British rubes votes count 4 times as much as the British non-rubes votes. Then it would be fair and democratic.

I mean, they tried to exit the EU and failed. A second referendum makes total sense. Just like the last 2 years in the US, Tories held all the power. Then they had so much party infighting that they didn’t do what they told the country they would. So now they pay the price with another vote. As Ph said, that’s how democracy works. The UK should not be punished for the total incompetence of the Conservative Party.

Guys, Trump was elected in 2016. Having another election would be undemocratic.

I think democracy is pretty cool, but conservatives have fucked it all up with their fear of every god damn thing you can think of. I mean shit, these assholes and Islamic terrorists (also conservatives) are the bane of mankind’s existence. They’re the big fuck up, not the pilgrims and gays and women and minorities.

It’s the fucking conservatives, man.

Democracy depends on not having an organized group of shitty people determined to make things as undemocratic as possible.

I think democracy is pretty cool, but conservatives have fucked it all up with their fear of every god damn thing you can think of. I mean shit, these assholes and Islamic terrorists (also conservatives) are the bane of mankind’s existence. They’re the big fuck up, not the pilgrims and gays and women and minorities.

It’s the fucking conservatives, man.

yep

Back