• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

State of the Union Address Delayed Until After Shutdown

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score

Last edited:
Is it delayed or she just requested it be so?

Why do people keep using Trump’s personal Twitter handle? I struggle to articulate exactly why but it bothers me.

Why do people keep using Trump’s personal Twitter handle? I struggle to articulate exactly why but it bothers me.

I can't tell if I'm amused or horrified (probably both) that the personal Twitter handle of our POTUS is @realDonaldTrump. Just fucking surreal.

What's to stop him from holding his own McDonald's party in the White House with a bunch of Republicans and giving it there? Media would eat it up and Democrats would be left out.

Figuring out how it will play politically.

Even the dumbest Pub has to admit holding a State of the Union without full security is a huge concern.

She should let him give it so he can talk about the latest ISIS bombing in Syria that killed four Americans and how that doesn't matter since we have defeated them.

She should let him give it so he can talk about the latest ISIS bombing in Syria that killed four Americans and how that doesn't matter since we have defeated them.

Lol. He never explains shit. It would be some random nonsense of how we need the wall and Pelosi and the Democrats and the Fake news are the real enemies of the people.

The optics of standing ovations from the Republicans in Congress after every sentence, while hundreds of thousands of Federal workers are furloughed and not getting paid, as the President repeats again and again how he has made America Great Again, are really really bad. Even Republicans have to see this. So why are they not leaping at the opportunity to delay it?

"I would like to point out in the balcony Captain Dick Johnson, a Coast Guard captain, who has been defending our border for over a month without pay, what an American, blame Democrats for this."

The optics of standing ovations from the Republicans in Congress after every sentence, while hundreds of thousands of Federal workers are furloughed and not getting paid, as the President repeats again and again how he has made America Great Again, are really really bad. Even Republicans have to see this. So why are they not leaping at the opportunity to delay it?

"I would like to point out in the balcony Captain Dick Johnson, a Coast Guard captain, who has been defending our border for over a month without pay, what an American, blame Democrats for this."

I legit don't think Trump knows that the Coast Guard does border protection. I think he literally thinks the only thing to stop drugs and illegals entering the country is through a wall.

Come on. It’s in the name. Trump is from New York, one of our biggest port cities.

I legit don't think Trump knows that the Coast Guard does border protection. I think he literally thinks the only thing to stop drugs and illegals entering the country is through a wall.

I doubt he cares really. The wall was a gimmick that got his little head patted by the rubes on the campaign trail.

Back