• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB1 on Netflix

booradley

Reaction score
Second consecutive series starring a WFU QB. Sam Hartman and Tayvon Bowers are really guys we can cheer for. Go Wake!!!

I agree with your statement but just a quick point that it’s only now getting to Netflix. Season 2 aired a long time ago!

The players on Sam’s team are some of the worst athletes I have ever seen. Re-al Mitchell seems like a prick.

Def liked the QBs in season 2 better. Sam seems like a great guy. His competition looked pretty weak but man initially his team looked horrible. That practice field they had was ridiculous.... Always flooded. I noticed that Sam had the same tendencies in high school as at Wake in rolling out of the pocket too early. It looked like Sam's mom moved down to mount pleasant with him so he could play under will Greer's dad. It looked like that Dad only came down for the weekends as I'm guessing he still worked in Charlotte. Anyone know why Davidson Day cancelled their football team?

Mark Hartman is an orthopedic surgeon in the Charlotte area. So he stayed. Davidson Day did away with their football team essentially because it got out of control under Grier. Grier didn't get what he demanded in terms of special admissions/situations for football players and the school just decided things had gotten to football-centric at the school. That's the broad brush.

Davidson Day is a tiny school too, so it doesn't take much in terms of admissions to alter the overall makeup of the school.

Every time I watched Sam's team play I felt like the play would end like this:
6ih6hd.gif

Mark Hartman is an orthopedic surgeon in the Charlotte area. So he stayed. Davidson Day did away with their football team essentially because it got out of control under Grier. Grier didn't get what he demanded in terms of special admissions/situations for football players and the school just decided things had gotten to football-centric at the school. That's the broad brush.

I thought they literally didn’t have enough people to field a team. I hadn’t heard this before.

Kinda was hoping Tate Martell would've picked Wake. Maybe if we offered Black & White Photography. Or maybe a Mani-Pedi major ...

And yes - in reference to the tag - Jake Fromm is the man. Forcing Justin Fields to realize he had no shot is not something many QBs can pull off ...

Thought Sam's competition was super weak also. You realize watching this elite qbs play high school ball how bad some of their teammates are compared to when they get to college.

Also pretty funny that Re-Al's "backup" is the #1 QB in his class. #7 player overall.

Back