• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Directed His Attorney To Lie to Congress

Eapcecially given previous stories in which they have not commented.

Kinda suggests they’re true. Either that or Mueller doesn’t want to drop this bomb yet.

Yes, Muller might be worried that if Trump realizes how much evidence he has the investigation will be over.

Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief has responded to the statement from Mueller's office that their claims are inaccurate: "In response to the statement tonight from the Special Counsel's spokesman: We stand by our reporting and the sources who informed it, and we urge the Special Counsel to make clear what he's disputing." So, they're sticking with their story.

Of course, Fox and other right-wing media are all over the Special Counsel's statement. Fox has multiple stories attacking the "hysterical" liberal media for trying to destroy poor Trump. Tucker Carlson, Donald, Jr. and others have all weighed in over there or on twitter. LOL.

Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief has responded to the statement from Mueller's office that their claims are inaccurate: "In response to the statement tonight from the Special Counsel's spokesman: We stand by our reporting and the sources who informed it, and we urge the Special Counsel to make clear what he's disputing." So, they're sticking with their story.

Of course, Fox and other right-wing media are all over the Special Counsel's statement. Fox has multiple stories attacking the "hysterical" liberal media for trying to destroy poor Trump. Tucker Carlson, Donald, Jr. and others have all weighed in over there or on twitter. LOL.

So do Trumpist rubes believe Mueller or not? I can’t keep track.

[/B]

So do Trumpist rubes believe Mueller or not? I can’t keep track.

Well since there are no leaks coming from mueller and this is the first Time mueller has commented on a fake news story in this manner I think it’s safe to trust the mueller source
What happens when your tears blend with the Doritos dust?

Finger licking good!!!

We have far more than that. Just based on what has been publicly reported, there is likely enough evidence to indict Trump on campaign finance violations, election fraud, hacking, wire fraud, tax fraud, money laundering, etc. We also know he has violated the Emoluments Clause on a nearly daily basis since he took office.

I admit I haven't followed the Mueller stuff as close as folks like you and NED. And I do think there has been enough information that we've seen thus far to indict and convict Trump on obstruction. After Mueller's terse statement that the Buzzfeed report was "inaccurate", we don't have Trump dead to rights on suborning perjury. Now exactly what and how much was inaccurate about the report, we're not sure. Though Trump and Fox are taking victory laps. But do we really possess enough information yet to convict Trump beyond reasonable doubt of all these other crimes? I mean, with the snippets of what we're getting, it appears that Mueller may have a lot more on Trump, and like many here, I'm a bit antsy for Mueller to issue the darn report. But all I'm trying to say is that, first, we should wait for the report before talking impeachment, and second, if all you end up having on Trump is obstruction, that isn't going to be enough to get 20 Pub senators to vote to convict.

While constitutional scholars may bicker on whether Trump has violated the Emoluments Clause, I agree with you that he has trampled all over the damn thing. My question is what is the legal redress for such violations? I know there are at least a couple of civil suits pending before the courts, but I don't think it's a crime to violate it. I mean, typically what happens is if a president receives a gift that he wants to keep, he asks congress for permission, and they either grant or deny. But we've never had a situation like this where foreign dignitaries and domestic aspirants are staying at Trump hotels to try to curry favor with him. The bigger issue here to me is that Trump's flaunting 200+ years of tradition, yet his supporters don't care 1 iota. And I don't have any idea how to get 40% of the country to care. That problem appears insoluble.

I don’t think Dems need strategy advice from a Republican, but thanks for playing.

Who died and made you dictator of the Dem party? So I take it you're another ideological purist who can't stand for folks who don't agree with you on everything to be in your group. So long big tent, I guess. And for the record, I have never voted for a Pub for president or congress. Though I regret in retrospect my Dukakis vote.

TITCR

Genius move by Mueller- by disputing the veracity of the Buzzfeed report, he is solidifying the perception of his neutrality

Well I was up at 5am to light my smoker to cook some pork. Moon was up at 5am to...troll folks about Trump on a sports board? Sorry about your ex.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the “inaccuracy” is something immaterial. Let the Trumpists tire themselves out running a victory lap while the gallows is quietly prepared.

I admit I haven't followed the Mueller stuff as close as folks like you and NED. And I do think there has been enough information that we've seen thus far to indict and convict Trump on obstruction. After Mueller's terse statement that the Buzzfeed report was "inaccurate", we don't have Trump dead to rights on suborning perjury. Now exactly what and how much was inaccurate about the report, we're not sure. Though Trump and Fox are taking victory laps. But do we really possess enough information yet to convict Trump beyond reasonable doubt of all these other crimes? I mean, with the snippets of what we're getting, it appears that Mueller may have a lot more on Trump, and like many here, I'm a bit antsy for Mueller to issue the darn report. But all I'm trying to say is that, first, we should wait for the report before talking impeachment, and second, if all you end up having on Trump is obstruction, that isn't going to be enough to get 20 Pub senators to vote to convict.

While constitutional scholars may bicker on whether Trump has violated the Emoluments Clause, I agree with you that he has trampled all over the damn thing. My question is what is the legal redress for such violations? I know there are at least a couple of civil suits pending before the courts, but I don't think it's a crime to violate it. I mean, typically what happens is if a president receives a gift that he wants to keep, he asks congress for permission, and they either grant or deny. But we've never had a situation like this where foreign dignitaries and domestic aspirants are staying at Trump hotels to try to curry favor with him. The bigger issue here to me is that Trump's flaunting 200+ years of tradition, yet his supporters don't care 1 iota. And I don't have any idea how to get 40% of the country to care. That problem appears insoluble.

Good thing that’s not the standard for impeachment

Genius move by Mueller- by disputing the veracity of the Buzzfeed report, he is solidifying the perception of his neutrality

While subtly confirming that every other report is true.

I went through a sort of semi-Junebug stage when I was intellectually divorcing the Republican party back in about 2008. It's a tough place to be. Breaking point for me was Sarah Palin. I could no longer be part of a group that thought she was fit to be one John McCain heart attack away from nuclear weapons.

Final straw for me was the (oh so harmful to our nation) Republican response to Obama’s Presidency.

Back