• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NASCAR Season Thread - It's Bristol Baby!

6024522.jpg

I'll try to message everyone tonight, but a reminder to pick a pole sitter before 500 qualifying tomorrow.

Also, we've been donated a Richard Petty Ride Along Experience for the winner of the combined regular season and playoffs.

Dustin Albino's (@DustinAlbino) tweet from 8:39pm EST on Thursday, February 14th, 2019:

Kyle Busch after the Duel talking about Jimmie Johnson:

"You have to open your eyeballs and see where the fuck your going, that's about all I can say. The fucker is destroyed."

#NASCAR

────────

Kevin Harris with a little airtime.

I haven't followed NASCAR as closely over the past year or so as I did before Junior retired. (I am an admitted shameless Junior Nation lemming.) On whose Pit Crew does Kevin Harris now serve? I know he used to be on Carl Edwards' crew several years back.

I haven't followed NASCAR as closely over the past year or so as I did before Junior retired. (I am an admitted shameless Junior Nation lemming.) On whose Pit Crew does Kevin Harris now serve? I know he used to be on Carl Edwards' crew several years back.

He's the front tire changes for Erik Jones. During pit stops, Chase's rear tire carrier got his air hose wrapped around Kevin and Kevin kept on with the pit stop unhindered. Chase had to come back in because the tire changer couldn't get all of the lugs tight.

STP and Martinsville has to be one of if not the best title sponsor for a race track. For two years now, they've run a promotion in the triad where you buy $25 worth of STP products and receive 2 tickets to the spring race. Granted the seats aren't amazing, but it's one hell of a deal. Yesterday was Concord and Greensboro. Even in the rain, there were easily a few hundred people in line.

First in person race of the year. Heading up Sunday morning for some tailgating and Jesse Jones hot dogs.

I got screwed being at the race Sunday. I had Brad K on my bench but couldnt get enough cell phone data reception to sub him in. Lost a gain of 30 points right there.

Huge shakeup to the 2020 schedule being announced at 4pm. IMS to get the July 4th date, the Coke 400 moving to the regular season finale, the championship weekend moving to Phoenix, plus a rumored Martinsville night race. Per Adam Stern, there will be more changes next year than the past years combined.

Interesting that there are now 3 short track races (Richmond, Martinsville, Bristol) in the playoffs, rather than just the one (Martinsville) in all the years prior.

I'm confused, is there now only one race at Pocono? (The schedule says Pocono on Saturday, June 27 and again the next day, Sunday, June 28. That can't be right.) Did I miss something? IMHO, Pocono should only have one race.

What they need are some different tracks, such as Iowa, Nashville and/or Rockingham to spark interest, rather than the same tracks year after year after year. I know that it is all about the $$$$$$$$$ (who owns the tracks and the race dates, etc.), but things would be a helluva lot more interesting if they paid a visit to different tracks such as Rockingham every 2 or 3 years. Indianapolis might recover some of its novelty, interest and attendance if it was only held every so often, rather than a boring race held every year.

Interesting that there are now 3 short track races (Richmond, Martinsville, Bristol) in the playoffs, rather than just the one (Martinsville) in all the years prior.

I'm confused, is there now only one race at Pocono? (The schedule says Pocono on Saturday, June 27 and again the next day, Sunday, June 28. That can't be right.) Did I miss something? IMHO, Pocono should only have one race.

What they need are some different tracks, such as Iowa, Nashville and/or Rockingham to spark interest, rather than the same tracks year after year after year. I know that it is all about the $$$$$$$$$ (who owns the tracks and the race dates, etc.), but things would be a helluva lot more interesting if they paid a visit to different tracks such as Rockingham every 2 or 3 years. Indianapolis might recover some of its novelty, interest and attendance if it was only held every so often, rather than a boring race held every year.

Pocono double header. Races on Saturday and Sunday and they'll be shorter distances. Most likely 250 or so miles apiece, similar to Indy Cars at Belle Isle. They're stuck with the current tracks until 2021, when the contracts end. Based upon the changes in 2020, I wouldn't be shocked to see another big shakeup in 2021 when the track contracts are renegotiated. I doubt we'll see Cup at Rockingham, but I envision Trucks/Xfinity being there in 2021.

Bristol Fall race conflicts with the huge Rhythm & Roots festival they have. It will be interesting to see how that plays out. The good news is that the Appalachian League schedule won't have the Tri-City teams all on the road the same dates at the end of August.

The Wood Brother's Hauler was in a wreck this morning near Birmingham Alabama. Everyone is ok, but the tractor....not so much.

Watching the race today and it is amazing how many empty seats there are - at Bristol - and I'm not even counting the turn sections that are roped off.

Back