• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 NASCAR Season Thread - It's Bristol Baby!

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
We're a month out from the start of the season, and sadly in the past two weeks we've lost two influential people in the racing community. Last week, JD Gibbs, and last night Glen Wood. Both were great leaders that helped make their teams into powerhouses. They'll surely be missed.

Wow! David Pearson last year and now Glen Wood. Two of my faves.

NASCAR has lost another of the long time giants. Wood Brothers was one of the long time great teams in racing.

RIP, Glen.

Watching the Chili Bowl Nationals on MavTV while waiting for the NASCAR season to start. I miss the old Thursday Night Thunder nights on TNN back in the day. I used to love watching Gordon and others race asphalt midgets.

I'll start up another NASCAR.com fantasy league for the upcoming season and post the deets here. Feel free to share with family and friends.

Watching the Chili Bowl Nationals on MavTV while waiting for the NASCAR season to start. I miss the old Thursday Night Thunder nights on TNN back in the day. I used to love watching Gordon and others race asphalt midgets.

I'll start up another NASCAR.com fantasy league for the upcoming season and post the deets here. Feel free to share with family and friends.

I remember watching some of those old TNN races.

Alright...where can i get my nascar news now? ESPN let Bob Pockrass go...he was the hardest working nascar journalist in the media room...posting things even after his departure. The newest item on their page is 5 days old.

Help please.

Alright...where can i get my nascar news now? ESPN let Bob Pockrass go...he was the hardest working nascar journalist in the media room...posting things even after his departure. The newest item on their page is 5 days old.

Help please.

The NASCAR sub on Reddit is actually pretty good for news.

The NASCAR sub on Reddit is actually pretty good for news.

This and following Jeff Gluck and Adam Stern on twitter. Typically though, their tweets make their way to Reddit. More and more of the drivers and crews are starting to post on Reddit as well, which offers new insight.

ESPN released Ricky Craven yesterday. They have no one left to cover NASCAR. Marty Smith and Ryan McGee are more college football guys now.

Bummed that the 24 ended under a red flag, but I can't blame them at all the way the cars were hydroplaning. We're under 2 weeks from the Clash!

Bob Packrass and Ricky Craven have both been picked up by FOX Sports for their NASCAR coverage. ESPN also pulled the plug on the JAYSKI website they bought back in 2016.

Bob Packrass and Ricky Craven have both been picked up by FOX Sports for their NASCAR coverage. ESPN also pulled the plug on the JAYSKI website they bought back in 2016.

I'm really glad they both were picked up. Fox and NBC have been stepping up their coverage lately in the absence of ESPN who seems to be focusing their coverage on F1. I'm memberrying hard here, but I miss the old ESPN Speedworld and TNN coverage of races. It's a shame TNN switched platforms and eventually went defunct and that ESPN basically started abandoning coverage once they did have a majority of the races under contract.

Huge news coming out of Daytona today. This is only a piece....lots to discuss.

I'll post the details tomorrow when I'm back at a computer. A friend from HS started a league and will let us join up. We should have 2-3x as many players as last year.

Thanks for heading this up. The one thing I wish they would change it to allow you to plug in drivers for multiple weeks. This comes in handy during vacation times when I really don't give a shit to try to remember it or when I get a really busy week and just plain forget. Its nice to at least have somebody already plugged in.

Thanks for heading this up. The one thing I wish they would change it to allow you to plug in drivers for multiple weeks. This comes in handy during vacation times when I really don't give a shit to try to remember it or when I get a really busy week and just plain forget. Its nice to at least have somebody already plugged in.

I preferred the Yahoo fantasy league for a number of reasons, and I'm really bummed that they're no longer offering the service.

Since our league is established and larger than my friend's, I just invited him to join ours. When I logged into the fantasy website, it automatically took me back to our ogboards league. It's an open league, so if you have any friends or family that want to play, just search for OGBoards.

Back