• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Virginia Tech Hokies -- Saturday 4 pm -- ACC Network

Comments on this thread are setting up for another classic disappointment. A good performance gives a few glimmers of hope, but all will be lost when we lose 92-57.

Charlie Brown still going after that football.

Sad that just 5 years ago VT was at the bottom of the ACC with us. Now favored to beat us by 20 points. Go Wellman!

Because the team plays better in the first half, maybe there is some way to convince them coming out of the locket room for the second half that it is part 2 of the first half.

You could remove vt's coaching staff from their half time locker room. Student managers need to be removed as well. Can't have anyone available to make adjustments that confuse danny.

Been a while, Since the 80's.
I remember Tech's coliseum being very loud and a great place to watch a game. Seating is very steep. Kinda feels like if you fell you'd end up on the court.

Comments on this thread are setting up for another classic disappointment. A good performance gives a few glimmers of hope, but all will be lost when we lose 92-57.

Charlie Brown still going after that football.

Who is being optimistic?

We’re expected to lose by almost 20 points, and I think most here think that is generous.
I count one post (Dekin) that could be construed as expecting a close game.

I think we’ll be down 25 at some point in the game... Won’t wager, though... We’ve seen back door covers.

82% of folks wagering that we cover, think we play good two games in a row ... most of us here disagree

This game is what I feared when VT jumped out ahead of us and got Buzz while were still dicking around at the end of the Bz era.

It completes my fear from expansion that we allowed a program like VT to be on par with us. Far cry from the Ace Custis game.

This game is what I feared when VT jumped out ahead of us and got Buzz while were still dicking around at the end of the Bz era.

It completes my fear from expansion that we allowed a program like VT to be on par with us. Far cry from the Ace Custis game.

I don't know if Wellman tried to get Buzz. What I've heard is that Buzz had a prior relationship with Whit Babcock, Tech's AD, and that's what drew him there. Babcock is doing a great job there and has been trying to improve their non-revenue sports as well. While I miss Wake hoops, I've been enjoying UVA and VT hoops the last few years.

Agree that I'd lay the 18.5.

I don't know if Wellman tried to get Buzz. What I've heard is that Buzz had a prior relationship with Whit Babcock, Tech's AD, and that's what drew him there. Babcock is doing a great job there and has been trying to improve their non-revenue sports as well. While I miss Wake hoops, I've been enjoying UVA and VT hoops the last few years.

Agree that I'd lay the 18.5.

Not sure why Wellman would be 'trying' to get Buzz. The problem is that Babcock knew Buzz, Wellman knew Bzzz. I doubt Buzz would ever go to VT if he hadn't known someone and him leaving Marq for Wake would have been just as much out of left field.

Rick Barnes is the guy we should have gotten, but I think he was pushed out of Texas the year after Manning came in. Barnes is a NC guy and would love to take dook and UNC down a peg.

Ugh, Pitt is still desperately trying to foul Syracuse down 11 with a minute left. (Wake game not on yet).

Point is VT was moving ahead and we were twiddling our thumbs.

Blackouts are getting pretty ridiculous-I guess this is an attempt to get back at people cutting the cord?

Back