• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Virginia Tech Hokies -- Saturday 4 pm -- ACC Network

Some of you are either stupid, don't watch the games or don't look at stats. Brandon is out leader in scoring, 4th in rebounding (mind you at generously 6' tall). Leader in assists AT 4.6, leader in steals, shooting 48% from field, 43% on threes and 79% from FT line and yet you bitch about him? If it wasn't for him, we would have won maybe 2 games so far, and yet some crybabies here choose him as their target??? If he had ANY help for the majority of our games we would have won at least 3-4 more games. The problem is nobody else can shoot a lick on this team and he is forced to do everything, you do know he played 40 minutes today right? Pick on someone else who isn't doing a damn thing to help us win. :noidea:

Some of you are either stupid, don't watch the games or don't look at stats. Brandon is out leader in scoring, 4th in rebounding (mind you at generously 6' tall). Leader in assists AT 4.6, leader in steals, shooting 48% from field, 43% on threes and 79% from FT line and yet you bitch about him? If it wasn't for him, we would have won maybe 2 games so far, and yet some crybabies here choose him as their target??? If he had ANY help for the majority of our games we would have won at least 3-4 more games. The problem is nobody else can shoot a lick on this team and he is forced to do everything, you do know he played 40 minutes today right? Pick on someone else who isn't doing a damn thing to help us win. :noidea:

Agreed, Brandon has been our best player and has shown huge growth since last year. I think most of the people on this board recognize Brandon's improvement and generally good play. Good for Brandon.

Arguing over players with this incompetent coaching staff is an absolute waste of time. I'm sure they would ALL perform much better with proper coaching.

So many fouls in college bball. Shit is just brutal to watch.

Ken Pomeroy wrote an article about this for the Athletic. The rate of fouls (and FTs) in college hoops is trending down and is already at its lowest levels since the early 1990s.

But I guess you could just be comparing to the NBA instead of college hoops... I don’t know the numbers for that comparison.

We lose to GaTech and Louisville is beating them by 30. Great job Manning

NCSU won at ND today and still didn’t have Markell Johnson.

Tough to play the transitive property game.

(I realize we haven’t played ND yet, but they are probably better than us)

NCSU won at ND today and still didn’t have Markell Johnson.

Tough to play the transitive property game.

(I realize we haven’t played ND yet, but they are probably better than us)

and considering wake lost to houston baptist and gardner webb, that transitive game would be deep

How could Wright have been such a highly rated guard when he has such a bad outside shot?

I think Wright was ranked where he was precisely because he doesn’t have a consistent outside shot. The rest of his game is pretty good. Aside from defense, of course... But who know if that is his fault.

He may be putting up numbers, but 4 turnovers to 2 assists isn't so good for a PG playing 40 minutes. Especially when those turnovers lead to easy uncontested dunks and layups for the other team.

Just make Danny Manning go away. Please. 5 years on the job and none of his teams have ever played defense and now his game plan is to get to the free throw line, since only Childress can hit the broad side of a bard door from 10 feet! Just go away!

He may be putting up numbers, but 4 turnovers to 2 assists isn't so good for a PG playing 40 minutes. Especially when those turnovers lead to easy uncontested dunks and layups for the other team.
While I'd love to see Childress have zero turnovers, this team has a lot of other issues to address long before pointing the finger at one of the few players actually contributing this season.

While I'd love to see Childress have zero turnovers, this team has a lot of other issues to address long before pointing the finger at one of the few players actually contributing this season.

I agree 100%

4 turnovers in 40 minutes from the guy who possesses the ball 60% of the time, you think that is bad? Granted you would like to have more than 2 assists from that player UNLESS he is also scoring a 1/3 to 1/2 of your points!! Take Brandon out of our lineup and what do you have today?

Perhaps people misinterpreted something I wrote earlier this afternoon concerning Brandon being the player in the ACC who gets the most out of his talent level or skill set. That was not a criticism. It was an effort at praise. Brandon is not very tall and he is not overly quick for a point guard in the ACC. He doesn't have the greatest court vision. And he doesn't jump very high. But he performs at an extremely high level. He has an amazing motor because he is the toughest competitor on our team or maybe on any team. And he has worked really hard at his shot. All in all, Brandon is having a remarkable season on a far from remarkable team.

Every player is playing worse than they can because the coaching sucks. Hoard looks like a shell of who he should be. Mucius is chucking up garbage because there is no real alpha dog on the team, and he is trying to fill that role. Chaundee is the definition of inconsistent. Lil Chil is forcing things because he feels he has too. All this is a result of playing for Manning.

Horrible take. The rest of the team shooting 11-for-36 say have had something to do with Chill only getting two assists.

The "fun" of a young team should be watching them improve as the season progresses. Not the case with this crew. In fact, most of the guys look worse now than in game one. I'm still not convinced that we actually practice. Or if we do, it's a huge waste of time.

and considering wake lost to houston baptist and gardner webb, that transitive game would be deep

Delaware State (last in Kenpom) beat Delaware who beat James Madison who beat Citadel who beat USF who beat UConn who beat Syracuse who beat Duke who beat UVA.

Every player is playing worse than they can because the coaching sucks. Hoard looks like a shell of who he should be. Mucius is chucking up garbage because there is no real alpha dog on the team, and he is trying to fill that role. Chaundee is the definition of inconsistent. Lil Chil is forcing things because he feels he has too. All this is a result of playing for Manning.

Hoard had 20 points in his first game. It took a while for Manning's coaching turn him into a mediocre player, but he did it.

Hoard had 20 points in his first game. It took a while for Manning's coaching turn him into a mediocre player, but he did it.

Chaundee also had 20+ in his first game last year. The Manning poison is real.

They play to their rating for a few games until they get coached up.

Back