• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning VT post game presser

I noticed a few errors. First, he thought he was playing Georgia Tech not Virginia Tech so his scouting reports for the players must have been wrong. Can't blame them for not following the scouting reports today. Second, he only had 2 refs out there so he was worried that they wouldn't get enough free throws but he didn't realize they actually shot 16 more free throws than VTech did. Third, he thought they had a player named Justin Hill but Justin Hill is actually a high school PG in Richmond TX who has not put up double figures on Wake Forest and Danny Manning.... yet. Lastly, he needed Ikenna Smart to be more like Danny Manning by just going out there, being a big body, and pretending to care about being at a basketball game.

“We have to get to the free throw line to score?” Actual quote. Holy fuck

Nice tie. Too bad purple and raspberry are not our school colors.

I noticed a few errors. First, he thought he was playing Georgia Tech not Virginia Tech so his scouting reports for the players must have been wrong. Can't blame them for not following the scouting reports today. Second, he only had 2 refs out there so he was worried that they wouldn't get enough free throws but he didn't realize they actually shot 16 more free throws than VTech did. Third, he thought they had a player named Justin Hill but Justin Hill is actually a high school PG in Richmond TX who has not put up double figures on Wake Forest and Danny Manning.... yet. Lastly, he needed Ikenna Smart to be more like Danny Manning by just going out there, being a big body, and pretending to care about being at a basketball game.

Throwing Smart under the bus. What a dick.

Throwing Smart under the bus. What a dick.

I mean did Smart just decide not to play, I would think the trainers had a lot to do with him not playing? That is pretty poor to throw a player under the bus like that. I used to think [Redacted]’s pressers were awkward an pathetic, but Manning’s may be worse.

Manning is low IQ. If folks had been paying attention it was evident on Day 1. It just takes listening to him speak once. We will never win a game by out coaching anyone as long as he remains coach.

He really pisses me off, and I initially supported his hire. What an empty suit.

He really pisses me off, and I initially supported his hire. What an empty suit.

We would’ve supported any hire after Bzzz, because we all thought he couldn’t hire somebody as bad and he didn’t. He managed to hire somebody worse.

Also, nice to know it was another loss where the players just didn’t make shots.

Manning's press conferences are like someone trying to do a book report on a book they didn't read. Just a lot of generic bullshit that really doesn't make sense. It's clear he doesn't have any answers, but he has to say something. As was said before, it's the complete opposite of a Clawson press conference.

Manning's press conferences are like someone trying to do a book report on a book they didn't read. Just a lot of generic bullshit that really doesn't make sense. It's clear he doesn't have any answers, but he has to say something. As was said before, it's the complete opposite of a Clawson press conference.

Just fire him already.

Just watched this...embarrassing on so many levels...Georgia Tech, players names wrong, trash Smart and just generally looking unprepared

Don't believe the ol' boy realizes that we shot 16 more foul shots than VT did yesterday, and still lost by 16. Do believe that the refs will catch on to our flopping on missed shots (lots of opportunities) if he keeps on begging for more foul shots in every post game.

I have no stats to back this up but getting 16 more FTs on the road vs a top 10 opponent is pretty impressive. Not a primary strategy for winning games though.

I have no stats to back this up but getting 16 more FTs on the road vs a top 10 opponent is pretty impressive. Not a primary strategy for winning games though.

Stats are also not kept on "dumb fouls" but VT committed several really dumb fouls against us. A few were as the shot clock was expiring and we were just throwing up wild shots.

Back