• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning VT post game presser

It is pretty amazing how unconcerned he is with why Wake continues to lose so consistently. It's like he thinks he has the Phoenix Suns roster and the best option at this point is tanking for a draft pick.

It's hard to fathom how incurious he seems about the consistently bad play. It's like he is an unconcerned observer talking about a team he could not care less about.

Manning is low IQ. If folks had been paying attention it was evident on Day 1. It just takes listening to him speak once. We will never win a game by out coaching anyone as long as he remains coach.

He sounded better than Buzz. Our standards have hit rock bottom.

Wonder how many times K's team has shot 16 more foul shots than the other team, out rebounded the other team by 10, and still got whipped by 16?

Wonder how many times K's team has shot 16 more foul shots than the other team, out rebounded the other team by 10, and still got whipped by 16?

I’m always hoping Wake will get fair treatment from the refs. Or even favorable. Because so often we don’t. But here we are obviously getting our fair share of calls and it means absolutely nothing. Yet another waste.

I’m always hoping Wake will get fair treatment from the refs. Or even favorable. Because so often we don’t. But here we are obviously getting our fair share of calls and it means absolutely nothing. Yet another waste.

When you go to the hoops, you make the officials make decisions and blow their whistles. We have more than gotten our fair share of FT's this year when we attack the basket no matter how out of control we seem to be or how bad the shots seem to look. But when we stand around and shoot outside 3's like we do so many times and then complain that we got outshot from the FT line, sorry but that junk don't fly. Been on the floor too many years listening to coaches try that crap on us when they think for some inane reason that the number of fouls are supposed to be even or they come out of the half telling us that the other team shot 10 FT's to their 2 or whatever...........normal comment if we make one is that we don't count them, we just call what is out there. It is not our job to make sure the numbers are "even". One team presses full court & then plays man to man & the other team plays a passive zone there is going to be a huge difference in foul count. One team drives to the hole most of the game & the other team settles for jump shots most of the game there is going to be a big difference in number of FT's shot unless the one team is stupid & fouls the jump shooter. Just the basics of officiating.

I checked in on the game at one point on Saturday (because I was stuck at home with one of the kiddos and there was nothing else on TV) and it was a point in the first half when we were outshooting VT in FTA by something like 16-4. And still losing by double digits. Cool strategy coach.

We have one good outside shooter on the whole team, we are a putrid defensive team and our coach is incompetent. We will lose every road game and probably 7 out of the the 8 remaining home games.

It is pretty amazing how unconcerned he is with why Wake continues to lose so consistently. It's like he thinks he has the Phoenix Suns roster and the best option at this point is tanking for a draft pick.

It's hard to fathom how incurious he seems about the consistently bad play. It's like he is an unconcerned observer talking about a team he could not care less about.

Bingo.

Dopey has a little bit of that Buzz Delick condescending tone when he speaks, hey, I was in the NBA for 15 years, don't ask me these basic questions. "You saw the game..." is sort of his mindset.

Question is whether the powers that be care enough to can him, or can afford to. One would hope so.

Bingo.

Dopey has a little bit of that Buzz Delick condescending tone when he speaks, hey, I was in the NBA for 15 years, don't ask me these basic questions. "You saw the game..." is sort of his mindset.

Question is whether the powers that be care enough to can him, or can afford to. One would hope so.

Yeah, at one time I think a lot of us thought, at least Danny is a nice guy and not an a-hole like Bzzz. However, I think Danny is just as big an a-hole has Bzzz, but with even less coaching ability.

[Redacted] was at least fun to laugh at. This guy is just a boring wet rag. Wow, what consecutive hires.

pCQqM.jpg

So funny!

It appears we play a lot of "really talented teams".

Yeah, that's kind of like that the person that has been at several different jobs and always has conflicts with their co-workers and blames them, instead of realizing they are actually the problem. We make teams look really talented when they play us. Va. Tech didn't look near as talented a few days earlier when UVa handed them their ass.

If you played a more talented team early in the season, you played a more talented team. If you play talented teams all season, you suck as a coach.

Back